What is this and will it go away?

OneShot
Hi, my java moss keeps growing this dark fluffy/furry stuff. I guess it's algae but looking for advice. I remove the moss every now and then and clean under running water and brush with a toothbrush and it clears a lot but within a few weeks it comes back like this. I've left this for a while now to see if it will go on its own but it's just got worse.

Should I just get rid of the moss? Am I doing something wrong?

Aquarium has been running for 6 months now and water tests are all good. Fish healthy, other plants growing well etc, just this darn fluffy stuff. Anyone help? Thanks
20210510_194612.jpg

20210510_194853.jpg

Patman0519
OneShot said:
Hi, my java moss keeps growing this dark fluffy/furry stuff. I guess it's algae but looking for advice. I remove the moss every now and then and clean under running water and brush with a toothbrush and it clears a lot but within a few weeks it comes back like this. I've left this for a while now to see if it will go on its own but it's just got worse.

Should I just get rid of the moss? Am I doing something wrong?

Aquarium has been running for 6 months now and water tests are all good. Fish healthy, other plants growing well etc, just this darn fluffy stuff. Anyone help? Thanks
20210510_194612.jpg

20210510_194853.jpg
Black beard algae?
Cut lighting time in half.
Start adding more live plants to try and help absorb minerals in the column that algae need to grow.

Top Bottom