What Is This A Worm Or Poop?!

Joker666

A couple hours ago, there was this poop or worm thing on my rock, and it was first at a open “C” shape (seen below), then a couple hours later, it was at a “O” shape or closed (as seen below). I turned off the light, and later, i no longer see this on my decor. Is this a worm or poop?! Was the shape changing normal and it disappearing when light was off? Can it be from a fish from eating the thing so it prolly disappered?!

Attachments

• CAE548C3-52CF-42BD-A629-457AD0B1DA92.jpeg
    CAE548C3-52CF-42BD-A629-457AD0B1DA92.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 9CF8B17A-03F2-455D-9934-DAB0348A48A3.jpeg
    9CF8B17A-03F2-455D-9934-DAB0348A48A3.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 14

StarGirl

If its not moving a poop.

LittleYeti

Its sort of big and neat to be a poop... what kind of fish do you have? Id guess a worm but if you didnt put it in there...

Flyfisha

It looks very neat . A perfect circle. Are you sure it’s not a rubber O ring. From a filter etc.

Welcome to fishlore by the way Joker666

Joker666

Its sort of big and neat to be a poop... what kind of fish do you have? Id guess a worm but if you didnt put it in there...
I have 1 male molly fish, two female platies, not a worm right?!
It looks very neat . A perfect circle. Are you sure it’s not a rubber O ring. From a filter etc.

Welcome to fishlore by the way Joker666
No its not a rubber ring
When you said its sort of big and neat to be a poop, are you implying its a worm?!

LittleYeti

I have 1 male molly fish, two female platies, not a worm right?!

No its not a rubber ring

When you said its sort of big and neat to be a poop, are you implying its a worm?!
I used to find little tiny worms/centipedes in my dads basement that would curl into a little circle and die.. millipedes maybe, I cant remember the name. It doesn't look like one of those to me but i definitely do not think its a poop.. Sorry to freak you out! I guess that given the choice between worm and poop, I would say worm--but thinking about it being a little rubber ring or something of that nature seems to fit much better. I think the others have it right when they say its a piece of something that fell into the water, haha. Sorry to scare you!

Joker666

I used to find little tiny worms/centipedes in my dads basement that would curl into a little circle and die.. millipedes maybe, I cant remember the name. It doesn't look like one of those to me but i definitely do not think its a poop.. Sorry to freak you out! I guess that given the choice between worm and poop, I would say worm--but thinking about it being a little rubber ring or something of that nature seems to fit much better. I think the others have it right when they say its a piece of something that fell into the water, haha. Sorry to scare you!
Oh, ok thank you!

Bwood22

A couple hours ago, there was this poop or worm thing on my rock, and it was first at a open “C” shape (seen below), then a couple hours later, it was at a “O” shape or closed (as seen below). I turned off the light, and later, i no longer see this on my decor. Is this a worm or poop?! Was the shape changing normal and it disappearing when light was off? Can it be from a fish from eating the thing so it prolly disappered?!
Looke like either a species of millipede or a black worm (drain fly larvae).

Check all of the damp areas around your house.
If it's a worm....i bet it fell in the tank from high up. It doesn't look like an aquarium/parasitic worm or something you would normally see in your tank.

As far as poop....i doubt it. I've only seen poop so perfectly round one time in my entire life....I was very proud that day.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Repolie
Replies
Views
goldface
Replies
Views
anitazoechang
Replies
Views