What is the oldest fish you own(ed)?

MJDuti

I'm still fairly new to the hobby (3 years) and know that some of you have been doing this for decades! What is the longest lived fish you either own or have owned (RIP)? My amazing streak was 2 years...till my tank burst. Those were my zebra danios and bleeding heart tetras (favs). I apologize to them cause I put them through a lot. I now feel confident if I got an impressive specimen, such as a fire eel or oscar, I could keep it for it's whole lifespan and maximize its health and growth.

lala29

Despite what people say about goldfish tank size blah blah... I have my fantail goldfish (goldie and flash) in a 7 gallon tank and they are now 9 years old. I was 8 when I got them, I'm now nearly 17 I love them to bits and never had any problems! (Except the odd swim bladder)

Akari_32

My current oldest fish, by estimate, is a common goldfish I got from the fair years and years ago. She's about 3-4 years old and close to a foot long. Her name is Feebas. A billion-million points to anyone that gets it

Here's a not-so-recent pic of her.

And Bruce is about the same age. He's a fantail, about 8-9 inches. He's the very obvious one all the way to the left. I really don't know how old he is because I got him already quite large at WalMart and didn't expect him to grow due to the conditions her was kept in. He's since nearly doubled in size, in less than a year. judging by his size, he should be about the same age as Feebas.

MJDuti

Feebas is some ugly looking Pokemon...sorry, I cheated with Google. Can I get half the points???

cognizant

I once had a Betta that lasted nearly 5 years. Currently, I have an Angelfish and BN Pleco for about 1 1/2 years but do not know how old they were when I got them.

Thunder_o_b

The oldest at this time is a seven year old ABNP. Follower by a six year old Cory.

Akari_32

mjbxc06 said:
Feebas is some ugly looking Pokemon...sorry, I cheated with Google. Can I get half the points???
NO POINTS FOR CHEATERS!

Ardumedes

My brother and I had two very old goldfish a long time ago. They lived to nearly 11 years.

fishnut94

I had an old hoplo catfish that was 7 years old, he grew to about 7"-8".. he loved to sleep upside down in a fake cave lol.. loved that fish

FrankdaTank

I have a blood parrot that has been holding strong for about 6-7 years.He was the size of a quarter and now he is about 6.5" long and fat and happy. He had 3 Buenos Aires Tetra buddies and he is down to 1. The last Tetra has to be at least 5 years old now.

Ant

I can't wait for my fish to be that old. I started this year so I have a couple of fish a year old. I need a big 150 gallon to ensure they live longer.

Shine

My oldest fish are all goldfish. The oldest two that I can estamate their age with any accuacy are Thing 1 and Thing 2 who are about 5 years old now. I have another three that are probably older, but they were re-homes so I have no idea by how much. All I know is that they are bigger

ravenlady13

Akari_32 said:
My current oldest fish, by estimate, is a common goldfish I got from the fair years and years ago. She's about 3-4 years old and close to a foot long. Her name is Feebas.
Ah, but when will she evolve into Milotic?

lollipopkiller

I had a 3.5 year old betta fish named james but he died this year he was my first official hobby fish I bought him my self and set up his tank my self and he had his own budget I miss him so much because it was supposed to be jesse and james (pokemon geek) but james died leaving only my red head jesse...

Akari_32

ravenlady13 said:
Ah, but when will she evolve into Milotic?
Never LOL She's kinda ugly I have a Shubunkin named Milotic. He's a looker!

Colby

I have had a common gold fish for about 8 years now

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom