What Is The Most Reliable Heater?

Fishrev
This afternoon I glanced at my always stable thermometer and discovered the water temp was 91*F! Sure enough, my Cobalt Neotherm showed the temp in the red section 90+ while the setting was 82*. This is the second of these highly rated heaters that has overheated. I thought the first one in an earlier tank was a fluke and the company replaced it free. Obviously I need to replace this one with something different. Suggestions?

I removed the heater and my fish seem fine. The temp is dropping about one degree per hour. Time will tell if there will be negative effects for the fish.

46 gallon Bowfront
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20-30
BoesmanI Rainbows
Pearl Gouramis
Cherry Barbs
JuliI Cories

jojomo91
Eheim Jager

JeffK
Love my aqueon pro heaters!

sassymomma
In my experience, Eheim Jager. Stays within a degree of my set temerature at all times. After that, I see all sorts of recomendations for Aqueon

Tetra, Top fin...don't bother saving the money- you'll spend it later replacing them

Geoff
Love my aqueon pro heaters!
Ditto on the Aqueon Pros! I have them in both my tanks.

Bettanewb
fissh
I run 10 neotherms that stay within 1 degree of the settings. 2 times in a row, I would change brands! I have had good luck with Fluval E-series, I run 38 of them, for around 2 years, had 2 stop working and both stopped heating instead of cooking my fish.

Fishrev
Thanks to all. I ordered Aqueon Pro and this . Both will be here today as I live a mile from Amazon distribution center.

Bettanewb
Well that's rather convienient

Beeman
Good choice, I also have the Aqueon Pro and have had no issues.

Fishrev
Well that's rather convienient

My husband notes this is also dangerous to our bank account.

Bettanewb
Lol would be for mine to if I were that close. Out nearest one is about and hour and half away so I can usually get stuff earlier then expected.

DanPlanted
Aqueon Pro.

jmaldo
Only been 6 months, I use Aqueon Pro in 3 tanks. The last 1 I purchased was missing the clips. Contacted customer service and within a day responded and ready to send out a free replacement.

Amberk9
After going through a bunch of Aqueon heaters, I bought a Sungrow Aquarium heater, I keep it set a 78.9 and it's great!
It is shatterproof also, incase you forget to unplug it during a w/c.
After a water change when it gets plugged back in, it heats the tank back up in intervals, so there is no risk of overheating the fish/shrimp in your tank

Kadi
I looooooooove Cobalt and even better the Eheim brand

Kadi
Oh dear you said you tried Cobalt well I only had the 25W myself

But Eheim all the way I own the 50W.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TracyLeeAnne
Replies
Views
bankruptjojo