What is the minimum amount of sparkling gouramis i can have? can i have just a pair as some have recommended to me?

mang0

i have a planted 10g with 3 corydoras. i want some centerpiece fish with personality, and have seen some conflicting info on having sparkling gouramis. some say keep 5-6, some say that one or a pair are fine (even floo the flowerhorn has one in a 5g). so what do you guys think? the tank is planted btw

jkkgron2

They prefer groups but multiple males won’t end well. Is this the same tank the peacock gudgeons are going into? If so, I would choose one or the other, the gouramis may not like the gudgeons and they could try to attack them.

mang0

jkkgron2 said:
They prefer groups but multiple males won’t end well. Is this the same tank the peacock gudgeons are going into? If so, I would choose one or the other, the gouramis may not like the gudgeons and they could try to attack them.
i'd pick one, just trying to learn about each species before i commit. but thanks for the info!

jkkgron2

mang0 said:
i'd pick one, just trying to learn about each species before i commit. but thanks for the info!
Makes more sense then :) a group of 5 would work well, but you may have to return any aggressive ones if you end up getting multiple males. I doubt you’ll have any big issues but it would be good to keep a look out just in case the males start fighting :)

AquaticQueen

mang0 said:
i have a planted 10g with 3 corydoras. i want some centerpiece fish with personality, and have seen some conflicting info on having sparkling gouramis. some say keep 5-6, some say that one or a pair are fine (even floo the flowerhorn has one in a 5g). so what do you guys think? the tank is planted btw
With sparkling gouramis being social fish more is always better, but a pair or a trio would be fine.

julien0101

By the way, you need 3 more corydoras

Top Bottom