What Is The Minimal Tank Size For This Fish?

  • Thread starter

Levinofish

Valued Member
Messages
195
Reaction score
37
Points
63
Experience
Just started
What is the minimal tank size for a small group of placidochromis sp. jalo reef ?

And what is the smallest groupe I can get ?
 

appcontrol

Well Known Member
Messages
670
Reaction score
184
Points
78
Experience
1 year
Suitable aquarium - Aquarium Maintenance
It requires a minimum aquarium 200 liters, They need room to swim. Rocky areas with limits of natural territories. Like virtually no excavate, It can be maintained with plants resistant type anubias, Microsorum or Vallisnerias. The background can be gritty and strong lighting to highlight its colors.

Water
You need a good filtration and abundant water changes.
Source:

I take it from internet, just google it. Some pages suggest 300l but 200l should be fine

Sorry for not putting source link, i didn't read rules about links i will in a future
 

Seth15

Valued Member
Messages
372
Reaction score
309
Points
108
Experience
3 years
They are a haplochromis cichlid from lake malawi that can grow to 6 inches in length. I would say the smallest group you could keep them in is 3 females to 1 male. They are not a large species of haplochromis, so I would say the minimum tank size would be a standard 55 gallon, bigger is better though.

In a 55 gallon ideally 4F to 1M.
 
  • Thread starter

Levinofish

Valued Member
Messages
195
Reaction score
37
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Seth15 said:
They are a haplochromis cichlid from lake malawi that can grow to 6 inches in length. I would say the smallest group you could keep them in is 3 females to 1 male. They are not a large species of haplochromis, so I would say the minimum tank size would be a standard 55 gallon, bigger is better though.

In a 55 gallon ideally 4F to 1M.
Would they fit in a 1 meter aquarium?
 

Seth15

Valued Member
Messages
372
Reaction score
309
Points
108
Experience
3 years
As a long term I wouldn't recommend it, perhaps as a grow out.

They require a 4 foot minimum because they are quite active and aggressive.
 
  • Thread starter

Levinofish

Valued Member
Messages
195
Reaction score
37
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Seth15 said:
As a long term I wouldn't recommend it, perhaps as a grow out.

They require a 4 foot minimum because they are quite active and aggressive.
Is this tank big enough
Screenshot_20180414-104607_Marktplaats.jpg
 

Seth15

Valued Member
Messages
372
Reaction score
309
Points
108
Experience
3 years
  • Thread starter

Levinofish

Valued Member
Messages
195
Reaction score
37
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Seth15 said:
What are the dimensions?
Our would a 100 x 40 x 30 cm fit
 

Seth15

Valued Member
Messages
372
Reaction score
309
Points
108
Experience
3 years
Levinofish said:
Our would a 100 x 40 x 30 cm fit
That size may work as a grow out for a young group, but I personally wouldn't recommend it as a permanent tank. Placidochromis sp. Jalo reef are an aggressive species that need enough room to get away from each other.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom