Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

What Is The Easyest Cory To Breed

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by blue velvet keeper, Mar 20, 2019.

1. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

what is the easyest most cost effective cory that i can breed? i have tried breeding pandas but have only got one egg so anyone that can help me here?

2. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

C.aeneus.

But in advance think about the possibility getting rid of the fry afterwards.

3. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

why get rid of them?

4. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Agreed, often the most prolific ones are the ones hardest to find homes for.

Aeneus can lay several hundred eggs in one spawning, if a large number survive then you’re going to need a big tank to keep them all

5. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

If you've enough space for 100+ you don't have to.

6. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

oh wow

i don't know are there any that are easy to breed that don't produce 100s of eggs at a time?

7. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

I’m currently raising 25 green Cory fry in a hang on Marina breeder box. . If you don’t want to house 100 or so of them then only scrape some of the eggs off the glass and plants.

Attached Files:

8. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Again, usually the easiest to breed are the most prolific.
    You say you only got one egg from the pandas, did you have other fish in the tank that could have eaten the rest? corys also will eat their own eggs so for best results the adults should be removed after spawning if your goal is to get good numbers of eggs & fry.

9. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

yeah i had just the pandas in there and i woke up to get ready for school at 6:00 am and there was a single cory egg then i freaked out and tried to put it somewhere else then i broke it. then i was trying to breed them but i am thinking of trying again

10. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

To be honest breeding them is fun.
    You can always try with C.aeneus and simply not save all the eggs they lay or be sure you can sell the youngsters to an LFS or so.

11. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

ok i might donate to the MAS

12. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I agree with aeneus being the easiest cory to breed, mine used to breed all the time, but some of them died off in some accidents a while back, now I think I am left with only one or two females, most of them in the herd are males.

I have the aeneus albino and aeneus bronze mixed together.

13. blue velvet keeperWell Known MemberMember

if i do get any i will probobly do that

14. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Great fish[​IMG]