What Is The Blue Light For?

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have something similar on my tank lol. Apparently it is supposed to act as a "moonlight" for the fish during night time. I like your tank btw!

OP
Thibault Drake

Thibault Drake

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gel0city said:
I have something similar on my tank lol. Apparently it is supposed to act as a "moonlight" for the fish during night time. I like your tank btw!
Thanks! Here’s a picture with the regular lights on. That wood isn’t supposed to be floating either.
image.jpg

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thibault Drake said:
What is the blue light setting for on my lights? Does it do anything special or does it just look cool?
image.jpg
Yup, it’s a nightlight of sorts but be careful- in my experience the blue light tends to make algae grow faster (especially that annoying brown algae)

Gel0city

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thibault Drake said:
I have three types of tetras right now, and I’m thinking of getting two Plecos, maybe some Corydoras, and then a centerpiece fish of some kind.
That's nice! I don't have a big enough tank for a pleco so I have no experience with them. :rolleyes: Corydoras are great lol, my albinos are really active.

OP
Thibault Drake

Thibault Drake

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
AquaCaitlin said:
Yup, it’s a nightlight of sorts but be careful- in my experience the blue light tends to make algae grow faster (especially that annoying brown algae)
I don’t use it, I was just wondering what it was

New Threads