What is the best way to plant dwarf baby tears? Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Helmsdeep, Jan 9, 2013.

1. HelmsdeepValued MemberMember

I bought 2 baskets of dwarf baby tears and tried removing the wool. I couldn't really see the roots, so I decided to use scissors and cut all but about 1/2 inch of the wool off. I separated each basket into 5 clumps and tried to plant with the wool. My fish just uprooted the clumps. I tried to secure them with small pieces of bamboo skewers. This did not work either. Does anyone have any advice on how to plant these guys?

This is in my 60 gal community tank -- details in my profile.

Thanks,

Dan

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to fishLore!
    The wool really needs to come off. You can do this by soaking in a bowl/bucket of dechlorinated water. Then Use tweezers to plant. i find laying a small rock on each side or over the roots of plants likely to be uprooted. You can remove the support rocks after they take root.

You know we need pictures after you get done right? ;)
    carol

3. HelmsdeepValued MemberMember

Thanks Carol. I'll take pictures if and when I have baby tears covering my blank substrate. In the meantime, you can see and vote for the none baby tears version in the Aquarium of the Month contest. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice