What is the best way to introduce a pearl gourami to 55 g?

tomiyama

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello I am impatiently waiting to get a male pearl gourami for my 55 gallon aquarium which has had 5 young adult happy female pearl gouramis since early May. What is the best way to introduce him to his "harem" of females? I do understand the acclimation procedure but just wondering if anyone has any tips on increasing the chances of having them "get along" right off the bat? Thanks!

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thats easy have lots of floating plants in your tank and have on hand a devider in case things go south add the fish in the tank with the lights out and get an indian ammond leaf for your tank and feed the fish the next day after putting the male in the tank and every thing should go good

OP
T

tomiyama

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
johnbetta said:
thats easy have lots of floating plants in your tank and have on hand a devider in case things go south add the fish in the tank with the lights out and get an indian ammond leaf for your tank and feed the fish the next day after putting the male in the tank and every thing should go good
:) Thank you! Check, check, check and where do you get an indian almond leaf from? The fish store?

New Threads