What is the best lighting on the market?

AGAqua

I only though for a long time that led lighting was the only option for growing plants. Most of these can't even grow high light plants that well. So I've been reading up on the best lighting on the market and I've seen people mentioning t5 bulbs and t8 bulbs. I barely know anything about them. I am also trying to not spend a lot right now. In a few months (3-8) months I will be starting a heavily planted 20 gallon pea puffer tank. SO, what's the best lighting for growing aquarium plants.

Salem

A lot of people have success with and seem to really like the fluval plant lights as well as the NICREW ones- though I haven't personally used either.

What I have used and have had success with is actually just normal grow lights, I specifically use this one for a 20 long.

Zachsnanotanks

I only though for a long time that led lighting was the only option for growing plants. Most of these can't even grow high light plants that well. So I've been reading up on the best lighting on the market and I've seen people mentioning t5 bulbs and t8 bulbs. I barely know anything about them. I am also trying to not spend a lot right now. In a few months (3-8) months I will be starting a heavily planted 20 gallon pea puffer tank. SO, what's the best lighting for growing aquarium plants.
I've grown plants with $8 Walmart LED lights for cabnits I still use them today! I've grown jungle tanks with these lights just fine I can't say it's the best option but definitely good if your doing it on the cheap

AGAqua

A lot of people have success with and seem to really like the fluval plant lights as well as the NICREW ones- though I haven't personally used either.

What I have used and have had success with is actually just normal grow lights, I specifically use this one for a 20 long.
Fluval way out of my budget zone, though it is one of the best led lights on the market. I want something under $50 that can grow plants really well, though I don't know if its possible

I also just got a beamswork light and I can't tell the results yet. I may get another one of those as it is under 50 bucks and will last a long time. It is also good for up to medium light plants. I'm going to look for a possible better led or light for the 20 and will dose with ferts too with API ferts and maybe root tabs. no co2 cause its out of my budget and too hard for me

Oh also my brithday is in March so I may ask for a finnex 24/7. Its a very powerful LED light with tons of customization

LoganKarl

I just ordered a NICREW light from amazon. It has really good reviews and I hope it will do good for growing plants. I will be putting in a c02 system along with this light in my 45g planted tank. This light was $75CAD

Currently have a old Fluval light with T8 bulb that came with the tank.

AGAqua

I just ordered a NICREW light from amazon. It has really good reviews and I hope it will do good for growing plants. I will be putting in a c02 system along with this light in my 45g planted tank. This light was $75CAD

Currently have a old Fluval light with T8 bulb that came with the tank.
I was going to order the nicrew v2 for my 5.5 gallon betta tank in the future, that version has better wattage

freak78

For growing plants I like the finnex planted plus, they have the red spectrum that plants need. Best budget in my opinion is beamswork.

MacZ

Best, worst... I think it's totally depending on the plants, on the setup and the production quality.

There are cheap lights, that are virtually indestructible and very reliable and that do the job they're supposed to and then there's expensive high end stuff with messy wiring.

In the end the definition of "best" is very debateable.

AGAqua

I'm gonna go with Finnex Planted Plus in a couple of months, thanks for the suggestions!

86 ssinit

This is a common topic on this site. Would be great to get some info on what people are using and why they like them. There are so many different types of good led lighting out there with huge differences in price.
As to the finnex I have 2 the planted plus which works great and grows plants but is expensive. I also have the finnex HLC that is almost half the price of the planted plus. It’s a newer model its slimmer and I think does just as good if not better than the planted plus. Both of mine are 48” long. Next I have a 48” vivagrow 24/7 with all the options of the planted plus and produces the same amount of light and it cost $50. No problem and 2 yrs old. I have 5 of the vivagrows in different sizes and for a cheap fixture they run great. Even cheaper are the aquaneat 24/7 fixtures. These also grow plants well. So why is the fluval so good? What does it do to make it so much better? It’s very expensive is it worth it? What about the brand current. Are there fixtures any good? There planted plus pro is over $300 for 48”. Does anyone use these? I just found a deal on the planted plus for about the same price as the finnex HLC and am wondering if it’s any good?

kallililly1973

I have Finnex 24/7 beamswork nicrew and other off brands and they all do well. I would get another Nicrew sky led in a heartbeat I recently got one for my 29 and it looks great and is continuing to do a great job with the plants in there from being outside all summer.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
david1978
Replies
Views
Justins1991
Replies
Views
Daryl
Replies
Views