What is the best flake for rainbowfish?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by LockedBox, Apr 12, 2012.

1. LockedBox

LockedBox Valued Member Member

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased 5 black banded rainbow fish and was wondering what kind of flake food would be best for them. I was originally going to purchase some Hikari fancy guppy but the store was sold out of hikari products. I'll be able to go to a different store on sunday, but I don't know if anymore hikari will be in. I know that these fish need 30% to 50% vegetable matter in their diet but I'm not sure what brand of food would be best for that. Suggestions on what brand and variety I should use would be appreciated.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Small pellets :) 0.5 mm if they are small, 1 mm for medium, 2mm for large. My rainbows practically jump out of the tank for NLS

3. OP
    OP
    LockedBox

LockedBox Valued Member Member

Thanks, I got them some NLS 1mm Thera-a standard formula today but they are still reluctant (or down right refusing) to eat anything that isn't a blood worm. Even then, if something is floating on the surface or sitting on the bottom they won't touch it, even if it is a blood worm. Will they always be this picky?

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

No, fast them for a few days and you'll see a significant change ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice