What Is The Best Cory Catfish I Should Buy Question 

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Whatever ones you like. We have some emeralds that are 10ish years old and Im just waiting for them to die, lol. They dont school with our Peppered or False Julies and it bugs me, but they refuse to die. There are SO many different types and colorations that its totally a personal thing.

RYRYTHEGUY

Valued Member
Reaction score
It is a 21 gallon tank if that helps

Thanks
DuaneV said:
Whatever ones you like. We have some emeralds that are 10ish years old and Im just waiting for them to die, lol. They dont school with our Peppered or False Julies and it bugs me, but they refuse to die. There are SO many different types and colorations that its totally a personal thing.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It really depends on your stocking since they have different temp requirements and water conditions. To say just cories is a very wide range of fish.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
david1978 said:
It really depends on your stocking since they have different temp requirements and water conditions. To say just cories is a very wide range of fish.
I just assumed since he said just starting out he didnt have any fish yet. Probably better to know for sure than assume.

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i have a few pygmy cories in with my betta. They're active alllll the time and only reach an inch or two at most i just started up a 20g long planted tank. When ever it finishes cycling, I'm gonna get like 10 of those little guys. Unfortunately they don't eat algae except off the bottom but otherwise they keep things nice a neat.

RYRYTHEGUY

Valued Member
Reaction score
Mike1995 said:
i have a few pygmy cories in with my betta. They're active alllll the time and only reach an inch or two at most i just started up a 20g long planted tank. When ever it finishes cycling, I'm gonna get like 10 of those little guys. Unfortunately they don't eat algae except off the bottom but otherwise they keep things nice a neat.
sounds good

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have little albino corys. Neighbor was going to toss them. Adorable little monsters!

aquanerd13

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I can't believe your neighbor would toss them!!! If it was in Alabama(my fav state) they may have survived and started a population.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
aquanerd13 said:
I can't believe your neighbor would toss them!!! If it was in Alabama(my fav state) they may have survived and started a population.
Unfortunately they weren’t going to toss them into water. Just into the woods. Some people just don’t understand these are living beings deserving compassion. And yes this is Alabama also my favorite state and they could survive in our waters. Just south of me they’ve discovered three different bodies of water with mystery snails. They’ve been fighting apple snails for decades. I think the world has become too small too fast.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom