What is on top of betta tank?

1. kittykat0725 Member Member

Hey Fishlore - I just got home after being at Magic Mt. all day and noticed that the top of my 10 gal bettta tank has bubble things floating at the top of the tank. Is it my male betta's bubble nest showing that he wants to breed or is it ADF eggs from my two ADFs?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. kittykat0725 Member Member

oh here's some pictures ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405655990.504539.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1405656024.641963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

4. kittykat0725 Member Member

5. Antoniothe3rd Initiate Member

That's a classic bubble nest. You can try to breed him if you want but you don't have to. Nothing bad will happen if he doesn't breed. And it's kind of difficult. I've found the nest is usually a sign that they're happy and healthy and feel it's safe to breed. That means you're probably doing a good job.

6. _Fried_Bettas_ Well Known Member Member

You've got to be pretty committed to breed bettas. Or obsessed as in my case. Not only does it take a lot of research, equipment, and time, your beloved pet is likely to get badly injured in the process.

7. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, look at FB's log on breeding Bettas. There are lots of great photos, too. They are amazing and violent creatures. I just enjoy looking at the nests now and view every pet Betta as the result of intense work and quite a bit of good luck ;)