What Is On My Plant?!

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Someone please tell me what (looks to be a giant ball of white fuzz) is on my plant. I’ve never seen it before and I’m new to plants
IMG_7871.jpg
IMG_7872.jpg
IMG_7873.jpg
 

Floundering_Around

Well Known Member
Messages
848
Reaction score
341
Points
88
Experience
5 to 10 years
It looks like the rhizome and root system of your anubias are rotting out, so I would chalk it up to be the fungus of some sort. You can try taking the plant out of the tank and washing/brushing the fungus off. Then you can examine the root structure to see if it's rotting; if it is, there is a chance that the plant will still make it but it will need to regrow it's rooted first.
If you glued the roots down to the rock, that might be what caused the roots to die off
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Floundering_Around said:
It looks like the rhizome and root system of your anubias are rotting out, so I would chalk it up to be the fungus of some sort. You can try taking the plant out of the tank and washing/brushing the fungus off. Then you can examine the root structure to see if it's rotting; if it is, there is a chance that the plant will still make it but it will need to regrow it's rooted first.
If you glued the roots down to the rock, that might be what caused the roots to die off
Yep. I used seachem florish glue. It was on the website where I got my plants so I assumed it was good to use. What should I do now?
 

Floundering_Around

Well Known Member
Messages
848
Reaction score
341
Points
88
Experience
5 to 10 years
ValerieAdams said:
Yep. I used seachem florish glue. It was on the website where I got my plants so I assumed it was good to use. What should I do now?
Try and remove the fungus from the roots. Did you completely cover the rhizome in glue or did you just glue the bottom of the rhizome onto the stone? (the rhizome is the thick part that all the roots branch off from)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Floundering_Around said:
Try and remove the fungus from the roots. Did you completely cover the rhizome in glue or did you just glue the bottom of the rhizome onto the stone? (the rhizome is the thick part that all the roots branch off from)
I believe just the bottom
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom