What Is On My Plant?! Help

1. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Well Known Member Member

Someone please tell me what (looks to be a giant ball of white fuzz) is on my plant. I’ve never seen it before and I’m new to plants IMG_7871.jpg IMG_7872.jpg IMG_7873.jpg

2. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

It looks like the rhizome and root system of your anubias are rotting out, so I would chalk it up to be the fungus of some sort. You can try taking the plant out of the tank and washing/brushing the fungus off. Then you can examine the root structure to see if it's rotting; if it is, there is a chance that the plant will still make it but it will need to regrow it's rooted first.
    If you glued the roots down to the rock, that might be what caused the roots to die off

3. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

Yep. I used seachem florish glue. It was on the website where I got my plants so I assumed it was good to use. What should I do now?

4. Floundering_Around

Floundering_Around Well Known Member Member

Try and remove the fungus from the roots. Did you completely cover the rhizome in glue or did you just glue the bottom of the rhizome onto the stone? (the rhizome is the thick part that all the roots branch off from)

5. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

I believe just the bottom