What Is My Light Level?

Nada Mucho

I have a 30 gallon planted tank and I'd like to know if the lighting I'm using would be considered medium or high. Currently I'm running 4 of the Aquaray GroBEAM 600 Ultima LED lights. They are short so I have two (end to end) on the back part of my versa-top and two on the front.

Here are the specs from their website for one light bar:

LEDs: 5x Cree XB-D Natural Daylight
Beam Angle: 120°
Correlated Colour Temp: 6500 K
PAR at 400mm in air: 61 µEinsteins/sec/m²
Illuminance at 400mm in air: 2650 lux
Total Luminous Flux: 1029 lumens
Total Power Consumption (inc.PSU): 12W at 700mA
Efficacy: 86 lm/W

My first tank and I'm new to light so I'm still trying to guage my setup. Any insight or opinions would be most welcome. Thank you!

KeeperOfASilentWorld

Dear Nada Mucho,

Your lighting level is medium. It falls on the higher end of the medium lighting. Here are my favourite links :

The right light for your aquarium - Tropica Aquarium Plants

Happy Fish Keeping

Nada Mucho

Dear Nada Mucho,

Your lighting level is medium. It falls on the higher end of the medium lighting. Here are my favourite links :

The right light for your aquarium - Tropica Aquarium Plants

Happy Fish Keeping

Awesome and fantastic and awesome all at the same time. Awetastic! Thank you very much sir for the information. I'll have my bro in Teramo buy you a La Tabachera Amarcord.

KeeperOfASilentWorld

Awesome and fantastic and awesome all at the same time. Awetastic! Thank you very much sir for the information. I'll have my bro in Teramo buy you a La Tabachera Amarcord.

You are welcome! Feel free to ask any further questions. I would be happy to help.

You know your Italian beers better than me

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Light Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom