What is my gourami doing?

Davidh9054

Well I was getting ready to do my water change today and I noticed my dwarf gourami at the top of the tank tank a lot of gulps of air at a time then going under the floating plants I added yesterday. I’ve never seen him do that before. He seems to be acting, eating and swimming normal other than that. I tried to add a video but I don’t really know how.

Tup

I've Heard that Plecos do that when the Oxygen levels or Nitrates/Nitrates are off, not entirely sure but worth a check...

Davidh9054

I've Heard that Plecos do that when the Oxygen levels or Nitrates/Nitrates are off, not entirely sure but worth a check...
My pleco has no issues though. It is doing great and no other fish is acting abnormal. He will still go up and get his normal one gulp of air periodically, then after a while does multiple gulps at a time and goes under the frogbit.

Tup

I think it could be because the oxygen levels are higher up there and maybe the pleco doesn't need as much? Sorry I wish I could help you more...
My pleco has no issues though. It is doing great and no other fish is acting abnormal. He will still go up and get his normal one gulp of air periodically, then after a while does multiple gulps at a time and goes under the frogbit.

Davidh9054

I think it could be because the oxygen levels are higher up there and maybe the pleco doesn't need as much? Sorry I wish I could help you more...
Gouramis are labyrinth fish and breath air from the surface I’ve just never seen him take multiple gulps of air at a time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Davidh9054
  • SuperSword48
  • Gourami
Replies
Views
SuperSword48
  • Turnkeyagenda24
  • Gourami