What is my anubias doing?

Nickguy5467

ive always wondered about this process..what is my anubias doing here?(in the middle) creating tiny bubble lines. i know plants are supposed to release o2 and co2 depending on the day/light cycle. is that whats happening here?

IMG_20220520_152353369.jpg

ppate1977

If I'm not mistaken, that is called pearling.

Nickguy5467

If I'm not mistaken, that is called pearling.
are you talking about the shape its taking or the bubble line above it? i tried googling what pearling is but i just get links on plants pearling with no definition T_T

edit: k i looked it up. its the bubbly thing. still trying to figure out what that does, but i have a direction now. thanks

ppate1977

are you talking about the shape its taking or the bubble line above it? i tried googling what pearling is but i just get links on plants pearling with no definition T_T

edit: k i looked it up. its the bubbly thing. still trying to figure out what that does, but i have a direction now. thanks
No problem

Mudminnow

Your plants are creating oxygen through photosynthesis and releasing it into the water. It's a good thing. As ppate1977 said, many call this pearling.

Nickguy5467

Your plants are creating oxygen through photosynthesis and releasing it into the water. It's a good thing. As ppate1977 said, many call this pearling.
thanks fellow fish person. i assumed this is what it was doing but had no idea what pearly was so i was confused

IndusNoir

Is it flowering? One of mine released a string of bubbles just like that while flowering, it stopped again once the flower had opened.

FishDin

I've had one plant do that (a rapid and constant stream of bubbles rising from the edge of a leaf). It was an anubias as well. It did it for a couple weeks and then never did it again. It looked like the plant had a serious leak :)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Floundering_Around
  • Question
Replies
Views
!poogs!
Replies
Views
WetRootsNH