What Is Growing On My Plant? And What Are These Two Things??

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Weird fuzzy stuff is growing on my subwassertang, what is it and how do I get rid of it?
Also, I though these were copepods, but one kind has a tail and the other has two big "feet" and is a bit larger. The ones with the tails are just about 1-2mm and the ones with "feet" can get closer to 3 or 4mm, or just 2. The ones with tails have little "ears", and at first I thought the others just had really big "ears" but now I'm realizing the "feet" are at the other end of the body. Is it just a different type of copepod? Sorry, they're too small to take a picture of, does anyone know from the description? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be some type of mold or some other kinda of those stringy type of hitchhiking plants. Tough to see in those pics, honestly!

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's hard to see in real life too, I don't think I can get better pics. I've had the plants for a while, and this just showed up last week so I don't think it's a hitchhiker. It's white/clear and growing all over the plants, not on dead parts. Since it looks fuzzy, I'm guessing some type of fungus

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah could be, and most likely is. Maybe just pick off as much as you can for now...

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
SFGiantsGuy said:
Yeah could be, and most likely is. Maybe just pick off as much as you can for now...
I can't, it's attached pretty tightly to the plant

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have shrimp or some other type of clean up crew? They'll make good work of this

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
aussieJJDude said:
Do you have shrimp or some other type of clean up crew? They'll make good work of this
Actually, yes it's in my shrimp and snail tank lol. I kinda figured they would take care of it, but it's only grown for the past week.... I've got 3 adult blue dreams and about 10 babies, two rabbit snails and two nerites. It's a ten gallon, parameters 0/0/0 pH 6.6 if that helps.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Funny. Had similar on my moss, made quick work of this overnight! Maybe give a few more days?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
aussieJJDude said:
Funny. Had similar on my moss, made quick work of this overnight! Maybe give a few more days?
I guess mine are just reeaaaaalllly lazy lol.
I'll just wait it out, I just mainly wanted to make sure it wasn't anything harmful

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom