What Is Going On??

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I dont think 24 hours will be enough, is that what it recommends doing? Only a 24 hour treatment? If so, I'd consider doing daily double dose baths with it after that.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I dont think 24 hours will be enough, is that what it recommends doing? Only a 24 hour treatment? If so, I'd consider doing daily double dose baths with it after that.
It doesn't say explicitly it just says do not dose more than once per week?

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
UPDATE: the medication has been in for about 8 hours. No signs of fungus and no more stringy poop. Tom still has shimmies but he is up and about and swimming around. There are two small platies with clamped fins but otherwise everyone seems happy

My only concern is my snail who hasn't moved since I got home

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So I left the medicine in last night, it's been in for just over 24 hours now and everything is looking good My snail isn't as active as he usually is but he is moving around, I think I might be catching him while he sleeps or something lol.

I called Aquarium Warehouse, they guy who answered actually remembered me personally and said that he had sent me an email. He said they haven't gotten the Prazi in last week but they're expecting it this week, if not next week. He says I'm free to cancel the order if I find something that works before hand instead, I might ask for store credit what do you guys think?

The two platies with clamped fins has reduced to only one, Tom is still swimming but he is swimming head up. All the fry are doing well and growing fast, they're about 3cm long.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm so glad you are seeing improvements. If it says to dose only once a week that means you can leave it in and do a water change after 5-7 days. Thats the same way prazi works because the medicine is active in the water column with one dose for 4 days. There must be an ingredient in this that is similar.

Up to you on the store credit, is there something else you want or just to wait for the prazi? Its definitely a good de-wormer so now that you have this, if they're supposed to actually get that in then you could leave the order active.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so glad you are seeing improvements. If it says to dose only once a week that means you can leave it in and do a water change after 5-7 days. Thats the same way prazi works because the medicine is active in the water column with one dose for 4 days. There must be an ingredient in this that is similar.

Up to you on the store credit, is there something else you want or just to wait for the prazi? Its definitely a good de-wormer so now that you have this, if they're supposed to actually get that in then you could leave the order active.
Well I'm thinking of leaving the order active but I would like to get some Mollies if possible? But I'm not too keen on their selection.

It's great seeing my fish being active and healthy again. No stringy poops once more today and they all ate really well.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so disheartened right now my last Molly female has Popeye or fungus maybe?
She's camera shy and I was getting really frustrated trying to take a clear picture of her and i ended up chasing her around the tank and stressing everyone out

1d8bd205333fe2f16a31d7ed02f28ac3.jpg
c1bdbd0a268e77ee287d37683b341d00.jpg
5851946a821a9149fe68b27d1ea6856a.jpg
7f43df5dbd46fa351917f0b12e8ffdd3.jpg

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your female's mouth looks like saprolegnia, Cindi has seen it before. It's not advanced enough for me to tell by these pictures. It looks like fungus on that eye as well.
Have both of these conditions developed after you treated the tank?

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes they developed yesterday after the medication has been in for two days, I just did a water change so they medication should be out now. What is saprolegnia??

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes they developed yesterday after the medication has been in for two days, I just did a water change so they medication should be out now. What is saprolegnia??
Saprolegnia has hair like structures. Look for that. It is a fungus, water mold, different names. Just google it and look at the images. You will see what I mean by hair-like. See if that is what she has going on. I thought the medicine was suppose to be in the tank for 4 days? (I'll have to go re-read)

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No it's not hair like on her, it looks like her lip has been torn at the side. It looks better this morning, almost gone.

On another note, my guppy looks to be very bloated for some reason.
8c3985f82b3119093361c795cda5bb42.jpg
d689595804a9cc481906a2512d252630.jpg

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is good. How is the eye on the other fish? It sounds like the medication is starting to work. You may need to do a second round. If so, do a water change before adding the medicine and do not do another one for 4 days (I believe that it the time frame the medication stays active in the water column. I'll have to research that a little more)

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is good. How is the eye on the other fish? It sounds like the medication is starting to work. You may need to do a second round. If so, do a water change before adding the medicine and do not do another one for 4 days (I believe that it the time frame the medication stays active in the water column. I'll have to research that a little more)
Clove's eye didn't get any better, I came home and the people I live with had taken it upon themselves to put her to rest... I wasn't happy about it at all but I guess it ended her suffering.

The fungus on the guppy has gone down completely, she's actually looking about ready to drop soon.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do another round of the medicine.
Sorry I didn't get to reply until now. The second round of medicine has been in for 2 days now and the fungus still hasnt gone away completely. One of my new mollies (I had to get new fish for an assignment at school, its a long story) has fungus on her mouth, one of my fry has it on their back fin and another fry died yesterday but it looked perfectly fine, another fry has a sunken in belly.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Did you say you had access to methylene blue there? Kordon makes it. This thread is long so would you remind me the ingredients in the current medication?

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did you say you had access to methylene blue there? Kordon makes it. This thread is long so would you remind me the ingredients in the current medication?
No I didn't but I might be able to get some possibly. There's Malachite green in the current medication but I'll have to check what else when I get home.

Luckily this weekend there were no deaths there's still a bit of fungus on one platy and my two new males are either bottom sitting or floating horizontally

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom