What Is Going On With My Angle Fish??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Fish Gang For Life, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Fish Gang For Life

Fish Gang For Life New Member Member

I have 3 angle fish in a 55 gallon wish tank with 6 Cory cat fish 5 glass catfish and a bristle nose pleco and for some reason I woke up today and found him like this, it's obviously not ick but I have no idea what to do, I've never seen the angles pick on each other but I also have no idea what happens when the lights go out also I took a water sample 3 days ago to my LFS and my water was fine what should I do?!?!

Attached Files:

2. W

Why me Valued Member Member

It could be fungus an injury or even you Plec I eating the slime coat

3. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I would suggest getting your own testing kit to be able to tell your parameters, because most stores aren't going to give you bad readings when they are trying to sell you stuff.
    The mark looks like an injury, I would quarantine the angel away from the other fish and do daily water changes to see if that helps with improvement.

4. Hunter1

Hunter1 Well Known Member Member

3 angels aren’t a good number, especially if 2 of them pair off. But you should be able to see that even with lights on.

If they are still juveniles, you may not have seen the problem YET.

If the are 4-6 months old, my guess the injuries are from one of the angels.

5. Sam2671

Sam2671 Valued Member Member

In my opinion you should quarantine and observe. It might just be injuries which will heal in time or it might be something more serious like columnaris.

6. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

He’s obtuse.

Realistically, that’s an injury. He scraped himself against something. It will heal quickly with clean water.

It looks nothing like columnaris.

7. Sam2671

Sam2671 Valued Member Member

Well that was rude and unnecessary. Notice how I’m not saying I’m absolutely right with my opinion.

8. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

I want taking to you. I was telling the OP that it wasn’t one of the things that had been suggested.

9. OP
    OP
    Fish Gang For Life

Fish Gang For Life New Member Member

Thank you so much he's gotten so much better in the last week I'm pretty sure he just burnt himself on my heater and I go to an amazing fish store where they test for free and show me the results in front of me they won't sell fish if the water isn't good they're pretty cool that way, they really care about the fish and not the money and I think the reason my angles are so good together is because I bought all 3 while they were like half an inch all together so they've grown up with each other

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice