What is fastest treatment for fin rot

WendiWoo

Hi all! I've never dealt with any fish disease thankfully UNTIL recently. I've had 2 guppies now with fin rot. Of course I bought every medicine I could find: pima and melafix, paragard (which I don't think I'll ever use again), prazipro, super icky, mardel quick cure, general cure, maracyn-two, metro+, bifurant.

Obviously these treat different diseases: parasites, fungal, and bacterial.

Anyhow, I treated first guppie in tank (paraguatd) with cories and snails (I know, risky) and quit after about 4 hrs as the cories and snails went crazy. So I did dips instead. He died.

Second guppy is in qt and treated with paragard. Made the tank horribly slimy. No improvement it seemed. Now im using maracyn two but honestly I just don't know.

I keep my tanks immaculate and constantly test (obsessively). I'm a retired vet tech so maintenance is very important to me. An ounce of prevention....

My question is in your experience, WHAT IS THE FASTEST AND BEST TX FOR FIN ROT???

MyFishAddiction

Keeping the water clean is the best treatment for pretty much anything is best IMO. You can keep him in a QT tank, and I think salt might help too, but I don't remember.

WendiWoo

Keeping the water clean is the best treatment for pretty much anything is best IMO. You can keep him in a QT tank, and I think salt might help too, but I don't remember.
Ooooh aquarium salt. I have some. I don't use it but that's a good idea. Can I use it with maracyn-two?

Im very vigorous when it comes to maintaining, cleaning and testing.

Is salt what works for you?
Ooooh aquarium salt. I have some. I don't use it but that's a good idea. Can I use it with maracyn-two?

Im very vigorous when it comes to maintaining, cleaning and testing.

Is salt what works for you

MyFishAddiction

I've never actually had to use salt, I've just heard on here that it works, I don't remember where or even if that's what I heard, so, wait for someone else to help with that.

WendiWoo

I've never actually had to use salt, I've just heard on here that it works, I don't remember where or even if that's what I heard, so, wait for someone else to help with that.
I went ahead and added a teaspoon per directions (2 gallon hospital tank). We will see.

Attachments

• 20210903_102630.jpg
    20210903_102630.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 14

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bloodparrotcichlidlover
Replies
Views
CrazyCatChick
Replies