What Is Coolest Small, Peaceful Freshwater Fish You Know?

XenoMarc

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello.
I am currently cycling a 240 litre fish tank with 9 neon tetra and after cycling, I don't know yet what fish to consider buying.
Black ghost knife fish interest me but they grow too big, and cow fish look cool but they're marine fish.

So here's the question:
What is the most exotic, colourful, unique, peaceful freshwater fish that stays small and are compatible with neon tetras that you can think of?

Thanks

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There's a lot, check out msjinkzd.com/stocklist

She specializes in rare micro fish.

Last edited:

Tiny_Tanganyikans

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Link not working, but I like Rachel O'Leary too and noticed one little letter missing

You can learn more about some rare nano fish from the species spotlights on her youtube channel.
Fixed thanks. I've ordered hundreds of dollars of fish from her. Always well shipped, healthy, and colorful. Never an issue. Probably 75% of my 300 gallon and 85% of a 200 gallon stock is from her.

One of my large multi colonies started with her fish. They're some of the nicest coloured fish I have

KelceyMaeraei

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Rams are relatively small. I love my German blue Rams. They are super fun to watch and very colorful. If you have neons, your tank may be too cool for GBRs but Bolivian Rams tolerate cooler water, though they're not as colorful.

JeffK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Have you considered Apistogramma borelli? (They're fine in cooler temps)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom