What Is Coolest Small, Peaceful Freshwater Fish You Know?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by XenoMarc, Apr 16, 2017.

1. XenoMarc

XenoMarc Valued Member Member

Hello.
    I am currently cycling a 240 litre fish tank with 9 neon tetra and after cycling, I don't know yet what fish to consider buying.
    Black ghost knife fish interest me but they grow too big, and cow fish look cool but they're marine fish.

So here's the question:
    What is the most exotic, colourful, unique, peaceful freshwater fish that stays small and are compatible with neon tetras that you can think of?

2. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

There's a lot, check out msjinkzd.com/stocklist

She specializes in rare micro fish.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  3. Mike the fish keeper

Mike the fish keeper Valued Member Member

Rainbows are really colorful and peaceful

4. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

Link not working, but I like Rachel O'Leary too and noticed one little letter missing ;)

You can learn more about some rare nano fish from the species spotlights on her youtube channel.

5. Tiny_Tanganyikans

Tiny_Tanganyikans Well Known Member Member

Fixed thanks. I've ordered hundreds of dollars of fish from her. Always well shipped, healthy, and colorful. Never an issue. Probably 75% of my 300 gallon and 85% of a 200 gallon stock is from her.

One of my large multi colonies started with her fish. They're some of the nicest coloured fish I have

6. KelceyMaeraei

KelceyMaeraei Valued Member Member

Rams are relatively small. I love my German blue Rams. They are super fun to watch and very colorful. If you have neons, your tank may be too cool for GBRs but Bolivian Rams tolerate cooler water, though they're not as colorful.

7. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

Have you considered Apistogramma borelli? (They're fine in cooler temps)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice