What Is Causing My Water Sprite To Turn Brown?

fishlover25

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One of my water sprite plants has had its stalks and leaves turning brown and I'm not sure what is causing it. It is also only on some portions of it while in others, it is growing like crazy. I started to think it might be my clown pleco eating it but since it is also happening to the leaves I'm thinking it's something else. I can't see how the pleco could eat the green of the leaves but leave the actual leaves behind. Does anyone know what could do this?
c5285a02c59face2e121f691690711fb.jpg

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Could you post a picture of the whole plant?
Sometimes the old stem will turn brown, and new plantlets that have grown will be released, this is how it spreads in nature. However the closeup shot is too close to say if this is what is happening.

fishlover25

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
While you wait for some responses this thread may be of interest
Deficiency List for Plants
I've seen that before and made searches but can't find something that explains what is happening to my plant.
Could you post a picture of the whole plant?
Sometimes the old stem will turn brown, and new plantlets that have grown will be released, this is how it spreads in nature. However the closeup shot is too close to say if this is what is happening.
It's pretty bushy right now so it's hard to get a good looking full picture but in this case, the whole stem, especially what is closer to the base, is very green and healthy. These are pictures of the stem below the brown spots
4b12bfbfc929170a1a81a3a972dcc4dc.jpg
ff896b1d9695cf62c7ff7f3c73e07ea9.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom