What Is Angelfish Breeding Behavior?

Joshman

Reaction score
I have four angelfish, four rams, four sharks, four plecos, and Buenos Ares Tetras in a 55gallon tank. I noticed that the two angels that were previously aren’t taking a liking to the new angels. What is breeding behavior for angels?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Breeding behavior is cleaning an area for eggs, aggression with other tankmates, and dropping their breeding tubes.

You also have some stocking issues.

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That tank is VERY cramped. So the angels probably aren't taking a liking to the new ones simply because those new ones are now taking up the small amount of space that they did have.

Were the first two showing any of the signs that @75g Discus Tank mentioned before you added the new ones? or is this aggression entirely new?

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cleaning on the glass, fighting, aggressiveness towards other tank mates, sparring. Also, you CAN'T have that many sharks together. you have a suicide tank with the different tank mates that you have. Who told you these species are ok together? Or did you just choose to get fish that you think look "cool" together?

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore. I have one angelfish in a 34 gallon tank with other community fish. She is a bully. When she was getting ready to lay eggs )we didn’t know that is what it was) she was a total jerk. I almost re-homed her. Angelfish are beautiful, but many have big personalities to match their big fins. Are your fish mostly very young? I hope you will read & share here. I have learned tons since joining Fishlore- I hope you can too.

Joshman

Reaction score
Sarah73 said:
Cleaning on the glass, fighting, aggressiveness towards other tank mates, sparring. Also, you CAN'T have that many sharks together. you have a suicide tank with the different tank mates that you have. Who told you these species are ok together? Or did you just choose to get fish that you think look "cool" together?
I was told I could put angels rams and discus together. The sharks are fine with each other and the other fish. The rams school together and the buenes area school either with each other or with the sharks. The problem is with the angels.

Sarah73 said:
Also why can I not have that many sharks together? I have a 45 gallon that I could put a couple in. They really aren’t bothering each other

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Joshman said:
Also why can I not have that many sharks together? I have a 45 gallon that I could put a couple in. They really aren’t bothering each other
Are they juvinile sharks? When did you get them?

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Juvi sharks wont typically bother eachother but once they start growing itll be constant fighting. You can have a shark and a pleco, i personally run a rainbow shark and a snowball pleco and they do fine

Joshman

Reaction score
bizaliz3 said:
Are they juvinile sharks? When did you get them?
I got the sharks last week to almost two weeks ago. Two of them are the grey body with all red fins and one has black fins and the other has red back fins with a silver looking body almost looks like a large minnow. I don’t know how old they are why do you ask?

snowballPLECO said:
Juvi sharks wont typically bother eachother but once they start growing itll be constant fighting. You can have a shark and a pleco, i personally run a rainbow shark and a snowball pleco and they do fine
They are all juvies I think. Should I transfer two into the 45 gallon tank ?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom