what is a rhizome?

kalika

Valued Member
Reaction score
I was looking at plant geek .com trying to figure out what plants I have in my tank and it looks as if I do have one of the anubias but it says not to put the rhizome/rizome (?) into the substrate. Does this mean the little pot it came in that looks like the roots are wedged in there with some kind of cotton fiber? Should I take it out of that thing but not put the rootball in the gravel then?? Thanks in advance for any help on this!!

Left C

Reaction score
You need to remove the pot and the rock wool from the Anubias. You'll see a horizontal "stem looking" part that has the leaves coming out of the top of it and the roots are coming out of bottom of it. Many people attach Anubias plants to driftwood or rocks with cotton thread or twist ties. It's OK to plant the roots but don't plant the rhizome.

You can see the horizontal rhizome with the leaves on top and the roots below it. https://www.tropica.com/productcard_1_popup.asp?id=101A&mode=close

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sound advice.

Good to see you, Left C.

dino

Left C

Reaction score
Dino said:
Sound advice.

Good to see you, Left C.

dino
Hi Dino!

Butterfly just old me about this site yesterday. I didn't know about it.

Left C

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore Left C !!! ;D

How come you found out about Fish Lore just now? Carol has been moderating here for a long time!

Left C

Reaction score
She never mentioned anything about FishLore.com until yesterday. Then dumb old me kept overlooking the forum. I had to ask her where it was. I guess that I was having a senior moment. ;D

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well you know how those senior moments are, their contagious I thought I talked FishLore and Plantgeek until people stuffed their fingers in their ears LOL
As you can see there are enough familiar names here to make you feel at home. Welcome! if you haven't already stop in the welcome forum and introduce yourself
Sorry for hyjacking your thread Kalika You got good advice and how is the Anubias doing since you removed it from it's pot?
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom