What is a good small fish to keep the nitrogen cycle going? Question

1. apple429 Well Known Member Member

above... just planing for the future tanks... I was thinking like ghost shrimp... or maybe even a few small tetra's or guppy's... maybe even a Betta? Once I get my 55g I want to get rid of a few of my smaller tank... i.e. move my male Betta to a 10g tank, and get rid of my 2.5g tank... MAYBE!!!

2. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

divided the 10, add 2 bettas. Keep it whole, add betta and some shrimp and snails. Get a betta and add some neons. Add a betta and just leave it at that. Divide it 3 ways and get 3 bettas.

3. apple429 Well Known Member Member

okay... I have a male betta, and three snails in my 2.5g tank... and I want to turn my 10g into a QT tank (as well as my 20g, which will be a nursery tank)...

4. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

so which tank did you want to keep running?? also, a betta stocks a 2.5 himself, no snails so id upgrade him as a first priority.

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I have MTS in my quarantine tanks, so I just continue to feed the tank without any fish in it to maintain the cycle.

6. apple429 Well Known Member Member

soltarianknight: I do frequent water changes and maintain everything at optimum levels... I just don't really like them, and my LFS won't take them back because their's spawned like CRAZY!!!

and the 10g will be my QT, the 20g will be my nursery tank...

Jaysee: Thank you... I will probably move them in there then...

EVERYONE: This isn't official yet. I am just planning for my future 55g tank... hopefully I will get it within the next few months!