What is a fair price? Apisto

_Fried_Bettas_

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just bid on this pair, but honestly I don't know what a fair price is. There are lots of other apistos for around or under $20 a pair as "buy it now" but they seem a lot plainer than than these. If I'm going to pay to have a pair of fish shipped I want a more premium fish, but I don't want to get ripped off either. There are no stores that sell these around here, and I'm not very knowledgeable about them, unless you count reading googled articles for a couple hours. I stumbled on them because I was looking for kribs.

The one I bid on:
Apistogramma cacatuoides Blue

Also watching in case I get outbid:
Apistogramma Sp Location 21

Apistogramma Winklefleck

Any input would be nice, feel free to sway me toward your favorites. I don't know if that pair will go for the starting bid or not.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are great looking fish!

You could always look at prices at on line stores such as this:

Kaz82

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't think it was a bad price personally, F1 is the offspring of a wild caught apisto
I do however prefer the agassizI

OP
_Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kaz82 said:
I don't think it was a bad price personally, F1 is the offspring of a wild caught apisto
I do however prefer the agassizI
Well would be a good price if I won it at that price. But I don't know if it will be bid up by the end of the week. I like the agassizI too.

Kaz82

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm not very good at converting pounds to dollars and reverse but I know our pound is less than your dollar and I have seen them ones priced in around £27 a pair

OP
_Fried_Bettas_

_Fried_Bettas_

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Funny thing is, I don't really care what it costs, within reason of course, these will be the last fish for me to buy for quite some time barring some horrible mishap. It is the last niche left in any of my tanks, and I have nowhere to put another tank. So I want something special, and one of the prettier apistos looks like the winner.

Kaz82

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Then just get what you like the best

You will have to excuse me I am a firm believer of if you like it buy it haha I am currently looking at getting some L46 hoping for wc but will accept F1 if I have to

New Threads