What is a Crawdad tank?

Shawnie
No worries. We all make mistakes.

Of course, if you let it happen again, you'll have to go in the crawdad tank for an hour. ;D

wonders what a
"crawdad" tank is ? is that like crowded with a different accent? LOL

mrsmuffin
wonders what a
"crawdad" tank is ? is that like crowded with a different accent? LOL

Sir must be from the South. That is what we call crawfish...

sirdarksol
Sir must be from the South. That is what we call crawfish...

Bite your tongue! I am a northerner born and bred. I live in Minnesota, and have always lived here.
But yes, I am referring to crayfish (which is what we call them around here).
"Crawdad tank" just has a little better cadence to it than "crayfish tank". ;D

mrsmuffin
Bite your tongue!

I am Texas born and bred, so it certainly wasn't meant as an insult! I agree, "crawdad" does have a better ring to it.

sirdarksol
I am Texas born and bred, so it certainly wasn't meant as an insult! I agree, "crawdad" does have a better ring to it.

Sorry. There should have been a smiley there. (in fact, I'm going to go back and put one in). I have some friends who used to live in the South, and we have a sort of North vs South rivalry going. ;D

mrsmuffin
Oh, I knew you were joking, but what fun would it be if I couldn't harass back?!

Lucy
I'm from the north and live in the south.
I know what a crawdad aka crayfish aka mud bug is. ;D

Sir! Stop it. lol

Butterfly
Now- in Arkansas they are called Mud Bugs
Yes I have pictures and posters on my fish room walls
Carol

Angela_96
Um, thems good eatin (coming from the girl that was born/raised in WV and moved to TN)......

Yes they are Crawdad's

Shawnie
hahahahaha who started this thread for me LOL

Lucy
Whoa, first SDS makes me go off topic then moves threads around and confuses me.

Great poster butterfly, does it have recipes? lol

Shawnie
Whoa, first SDS makes me go off topic then moves threads around and confuses me.

Great poster butterfly, does it have recipes? lol

ewwwww LOL that's almost as bad as chocolate covered crickets@!

Angela_96
ewwwww LOL that's almost as bad as chocolate covered crickets@!

they really do taste good... I guess us TN people are the only ones who have ate them? How bout gator meat anyone?? taste like ribeye if cooked right.

Shawnie
I think in the North East, to even find a gator might freak us a bit LOL

Angela_96

In TN would too, we went to a cajuin resturant on the road going to Gatlinburg and that's where we get it at. That's our fav meal starter there. The crawdads, that was a food I just had to try back home in WV. My stepdad was eating some and I was too tempted, now when I go out and see them on the menu I order them. (of coarse us southern people eat a lot of strange stuff, my stepdad and my father when he was alive both loved frog legs, I couldn't imagine killing a frog to eat it, besides the thought is gross!)

Shawnie
hahaha...we are more into the wild bigger type of game as in deer, moose, buffalo etc...something about bugs in my belly gives me the ibbie jeebies LOL

Angela_96
hahaha...we are more into the wild bigger type of game as in deer, moose, buffalo etc...something about bugs in my belly gives me the ibbie jeebies LOL

lol, we have a freezer full of deer meat right now, prob the biggest game meat I have ate down here is bear and it was really good (my uncle killed one years ago it was him or the bear, he was hunting deer)

Lucy
they really do taste good... I guess us TN people are the only ones who have ate them?

lol, I'm from New Jersey, we had them when we lived there too, ya see more in Tennessee though.

sirdarksol
I won't eat crayfish, but then, I don't like lobster (or pretty much any shellfish other than scallops).

Angela_96
lol, I'm from New Jersey, we had them when we lived there too, ya see more in Tennessee though.

I didn't know how far north they were, I know we had them in wv, when I would help my dad sain minnows we would catch a couple here and there in the nets. I also ran into a couple when I was gathering rocks for my fishtank, here in tn.

Angela_96
I won't eat crayfish, but then, I don't like lobster (or pretty much any shellfish other than scallops).

I love lobster!! Crablegs, just about any seafood, so I guess crayfish just dont' gross me out.

Shawnie

mmmmmm fresh maine lobstahs! YUMMMMMMMMM ....seafood is my fav...but darn expensive grrr

Angela_96
mmmmmm fresh maine lobstahs! YUMMMMMMMMM ....seafood is my fav...but darn expensive grrr

Now you all are making me hungry! When I go to pick our glass top up for the new tank (hopfully sat) I am def making my husband take me to get seafood!

Lucy
drool Lobster with drawn butter.

Shawnie
Lucy
See? See? SDS started it again, he mentioned lobster.

sirdarksol

Don't think of them as bugs. Think of them as minI lobsters (which they pretty much are).
I will probably try them at some point. I've been working on broadening my food horizons. About the only things I won't eat at least once are creatures that have passed a sentience test (or are just super smart, like octopI and sharks) and bugs (I have a minor phobia).

Shawnie
count your blessings you don't like seafood..its soooo much money lately...but its like air, you gotta have it to live if you like it LOL

Angela_96
Don't think of them as bugs. Think of them as minI lobsters (which they pretty much are).
I will probably try them at some point. I've been working on broadening my food horizons. About the only things I won't eat at least once are creatures that have passed a sentience test (or are just super smart, like octopI and sharks) and bugs (I have a minor phobia).

I couldn't eat shark or octopI myself! Couldn't eat bugs either! Yuck!

COBettaCouple
drool

Allie
I hear ya up here in NS.

mrsmuffin
Oh, we eat crawdads here too! I personally don't like sucking the meat out of the heads, though. I prefer to buy it already out of the shell and cut up in a good etouffee or somthing. We love to eat gator tail, too! Tried the frog legs - not a big fan.

angelfish220
I live in PA, and catch crawdads in the creek take them up to the fire and steam them myself! they are little loberstery bites of goodness!

And they are cheap, expecially when you catch them yourself, and you own the creek where you catch them!!!

Coryd55
We have them in the creek in our backyard. I took some to show and tell in like 4th grade. I'm in Georgia. Born in Italy, raised in Georgia lol. They are crawdads here. Never heard mudbugs before.

mrsmuffin
Never heard mudbugs before.

I know they are mudbugs in Louisianna. In fact the mascot for the minor league baseball team in Shreveport is the Mudbugs.

Shawnie
I'm still drolling over lobsta and scallops!

maybe someday, have a big get together and bring your fav meal of your area...maine lobsters are to die for! specially fresh ones

Lucy
Shawnie
Me too Shawnie, lol

meet in the middle for a nice and seafood fest lucy? ;D

Lucy
Sounds good!

Dark_Rider2k3
I'm glad to see my apology spawned this awesome thread

I mentioned to my dad crawdads and his first response was:

"Good eatin" LOL

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies