what in the world is this?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by monkeypie102, Dec 26, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102Well Known MemberMember

I moved my tank last night followed by a 90% wc anyways when i went to bed I didn't see anything on the side of the glass and today I was watching a baby assassin mingle with the MTS and I saw this weird looking thing on the glass... I looked up eggs for all the types of fish in my tank (otos, alcino cries, black neons, black skirts, betta) but none of those looks like what I see so I doubt it is eggs... the picture is bad quality as i have to use my tablet for all my pictures...
    IMG_20121226_110108.jpg

2. AquariaUK

AquariaUKValued MemberMember

I can't see it, where is it?

3. kb9plc

kb9plcWell Known MemberMember

Hard to tell in picture, but it looks kinda stringy? Yes?
    Maybe snail poop??
    Just a guess.
    ???

4. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

It's hard to make it out, but it's either snail poop or snail eggs. If you have "mating" snails, then the egg scenario is a possibility. :)

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Well thats wat confuses me... I took a bamboo skewer I bought for their veggies and poked it... it is really hard and really on the glass... as for snails I have 3 mystery snails and MTS in there... my assassins don't lay their eggs on this side of the tank (don't know why lol)

6. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

Not sure what it could be, then. Do you have any Driftwood in the tank? If so, sometimes driftwood can leach out similar things. I can't remember what they call it, though.

7. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

The driftwood has been in there for a few months now... I didn't know driftwood leeched anything like that... i need to google it

8. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

I do know that IF it's the driftwood leaching the matter, then it's not harmful. It's a form of bacteria, if I can recall correctly.

9. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

From what I Google it doesn't look like the stuff coming from driftwood... it seems more branch idk here let me see if I can steal mom and dads new camera/camcorder thing xD maybe it can take super close up pics?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice