What has this world come to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JessiNoel21, Dec 14, 2012.

1. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I am just sadden that something like this can happen hence why I am seriously considering to home school Taleigh.   my prays go to the families affected by this horrible act of violence.

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

It's unbelievable and sickening. I am filled with anger towards the perpetrators of this horrible event. Absolutely senseless crime.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  3. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Very sad indeed. Sucks big time.

Some people are just sick

4. troyvsc

troyvsc Well Known Member Member

So sick to my stomach right now. Just unreal. Why Why Why. Just small kids.

5. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

So many little ones dead;( makes me so sick, I will be hugging mine tighter than usual tonight. So sad, hard to hold back tears.

6. :) fatcatfish (:

:) fatcatfish (: Well Known Member Member

I pray for all those family members affected by this.

7. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

Sickening. Already is but to do it in a school, let alone elementary school..........I will never understand. I will never understand how someone can get so mad at the world and their lives that they want to take others down with them. My heart goes out to every single family involved, some of which won't even get to have their children for this Christmas and all others to follow. A time when joy and happiness is supposed to flow throughout society we have to deal with times like this, its not right. No person should have to go through this, no CHILD should have to go through this. Makes me sick. Makes me look at homeschooling in a whole new light.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  8. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

Yeah I've been following this especially since I have a child in kindergarten. This has made me so upset, I wanted to go get my child out of school just to hold her. How another human being could do something so evil is beyond my realm of thinking! Especially innocent young children.

9. OP
    OP
    J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I will be praying for everyone affected by it and hoping they can find comfort in each other.

10. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

I have a little girl in kindergarten as well. Thankfully she was home sick today. But I can not even imagine what those parents are going through right now! I beg and plead with God that these parents can find some peace and move on. I dont think that I could. I do find peace in the knowledge that this sick freak is exactly where he should be.

From what I am gathering on the news, they havnt directly said it, however it seems sadly obvious to me, but this was the k-1 classes this coward attacked...The older grades were at the back of the building. Those precious angels! Literally makes me ill!!

11. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

12. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

My love goes out to the families, a tragedy...

13. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

What a horrible tragedy... horrible for the families that have lost members of their families, terrible for the children who lived through it and awful for those who have to pick up the pieces behind such evil.

Why attack young children?? what did they ever do to anyone? and although any time is terrible, why so close to a time of the year when so many are preparing for celebrations with family and friends?

There is no describing the horror that goes through any sane person's mind when hearing about something like this.

14. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Definately heart wrenching..I have 4 babies..pre k grade K and grade 2 all in the same school. My mind had been racing all day and I actually had a panick attack and went and got them from school early today grabbed a huge blanket and cuddled on the couch for as long as I could ;( So so sad.

15. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Please remember the forum rules.
    Gather as a community, mourn the loss, and seek strength, but comments about how it's good that someone has died, no matter what that person did, are not allowed. That gets into Hot Topics, which is not allowed on Fishlore, unless it involves aquarium-related topics.

This whole thing saddens and sickens me. I don't look forward to going back to school on Tuesday. I work with some kids who already have very difficult lives, and I imagine that things are going to be much worse for awhile after this.

16. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

There aren't words for such a tragedy.

Candlelight 1281538_92770872.jpg

17. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

This is why I usually never watch the news! Just too depressing and sad of a world we live in! However I just can not bring myself to stop watching the coverage on this. Just because I am waiting to hear a reason for WHY this man would do this?? I fell asleep for a short while and had a very bad dream about it. I honestly do not even want to send my little girl back to school on monday! What if this gives someone else the same idea?? Makes me really want to consider home schooling my daughter. It is a very sad world we live in today, when you have to truly consider your childs education situation in order to keep them safe.

I am sure this town will be having more viduals in the future. I only live about 5 hrs or so away from them, so I am seriously considering going up and showing my support. It is just such a helpless feeling imagining what these parents are going through tonight. I do not think I could live on with out my children. My heart really goes out to them and I pray they are all ok.

God bless these precious angels!!

18. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

My heart goes out to all the families, may they all be able to find some hidden strength deep inside them to help get them thru this.

19. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

This helps me and others turn the horror of today into some comfort for the little ones.
    uploadfromtaptalk1355543838844.jpg

We live in a world with good and evil.

Keep praying for the families.

20. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
    May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.
    ~Author Unknown

I hope the victims find the strength and support they need to endure the agony of this event. :(

I'm not one for religion, but this somehow seems appropriate: Matthew 19:14 - "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as them."

Candle.gif

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice