What happened to my shrimp??

1. SarahFish Member Member

I noticed this today. He has no color and hes really white, assuming he just molted recently... but I don't know for sure.. found this huge redish color thing on him, kind of looks like dried blood on a human..
    Parameters:
    ph: 7.2
    ammonia: 0
    rites: 0
    rates: 20-30 (did a large water change yesterday and havent tested since)

he's an Amano

Attached Files:

2. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

What kind of shrimp is that?

Also, you seriously need to clean off that filter material...... it's almost entirely clogged.

3. SarahFish Member Member

He's amano, it's a pantihose sock, and I will do it when I move fish around. I cleaned the tank yesterday and the sand flew up and I forgot about it. Relax. there's still plenty of flow.

4. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Sorry, I hadn't seen in your first post where you mentioned amano. I've got them and I've never seen that, although it's hard to tell something as all the pics are from above. Are you sure the coloration is on the outside? Is it possible you're seeing the internal organs?

5. SarahFish Member Member

yeah its outside, I've never seen it before.

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Have you been feeding them anything that has a lot of red color? Such as bloodworms, red colored pellets or flakes, etc?

7. SarahFish Member Member

I did feed bloodworms the other day, whether or not the shrimp managed to steal any, I never seen. But they eat whatever flakes hit the bottom and today they got half a veggie wafer. While I have fed bloodworms many times in the past, Ive never seen this happen. I wasn't able to get a picture but theres a bit more along one of his sides in no particular pattern.

8. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Perhaps he just molted and got scratched/cut on something.

9. SarahFish Member Member

theres nothing in the tank he could get scratched on.. thats why its weird

10. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

It looks like he molted.