What happened to my Juicy fish?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Nut-meg, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Nut-megValued MemberMember

This is Juicy. She's the oldest fish I had. A platy, about two years old. I found her floating like this this morning. The appearance of her belly alarms me a little. Any ideas on what might have happened?

Note: She was not pregnant. No male platys in the tank.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Looks like internal damage (if we're talking about that black mark behind her pectoral fin).

3. OP
    OP
    N

Nut-megValued MemberMember

I cant figure out how that could happen... All the other fishes seem fine. Gravel is too big for her to swallow.

4. Akari_32

Livebearers like to get into trouble. She probably shoved herself up in something, and then had a hard time getting back out. You would think self preservation would kick in and "You don't fit, don't go in there!" but noooooo :rolleyes: I've lost a few of my prized Guppies to them being stupid and getting stuck in tight spaces.

5. I keep fish

I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

You mean by going behind the heater when they cant:;smack lol my male guppy got stuck doing that.

6. I keep fish

I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

You mean by going behind the heater when they cant:;smack lol my male guppy got stuck doing that.

7. Akari_32

That and shoving up under decor, in plants, in holes in decor that they barely fit in... You name it :;fru Crazy fish -_-

8. OP
    OP
    N

Nut-megValued MemberMember

Okay, well several days later everyone else is still alive. I guess poor Juicy just got too enthusiastic about something. Would getting stuck like that make these bruise like marks on her? I feel bad because she was the last one of the platys that came with the tank when I first started fishkeeping. Now I just have one platy. Don't know if I want to get them again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice