What Happened In 24 Hours After I Cleaned My Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Aod626, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Aod626

Aod626New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    2 years
    Yesterday I fully cleaned my 20 gallon long aquarium and scrubbed with scrubber that I bought at Petco well I cleaned the whole tank water was Soo clear but when I got home. This happened should I take out the glow in dark gravel that I bought on eBay I'm Soo mad I litterally carried the 20 gallon tank down my stairs to clean it outside with the water hose to get a big FAIL I do have Indian almond leaves about 2 big leaves and some floating plants. I did use water conditioner but I didn't age my water any advise would help I do have. Male and female in the tank but separated picture number 3 shows that white stuff covered the bottom of the tank that was spotless clean the day before

Attached Files:

2. Kysarkel000

Kysarkel000Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +413
    Experience:
    2 years
    It looks like a bacterial bloom. This is actually cause by the complete and thurough cleaning (which is sometimes necessary). It is completely natural and harmless and will clear up on it's own in a few days. I think the only thing you can do are water changes, but I think it goes by faster if you leave it along. It'll get worse before it gets better, but then you'll wake up one morning and look over, and it'll be crystal clear and you will say "woah! It was so bad yesterday!" Just remember to keep your filter running

3. JAMarlow

JAMarlowValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +38
    Be patient. Bacterial blooms happen. Most aren't at all dangerous to the plants and animals in the tank. It's just the humans who don't like being able to see crystal-clear water.