What Fish?

1. Rana

Rana Valued Member Member

What is this fish? I don't know. My friend gave me today and he says it's tetra.

Attached Files:

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Looks like a dull Bloodfin tetra.

not 100% some other members are alot better at ID fish.

3. OP
    OP
    Rana

he's too white. I thought it was bloodfin , but I Doubt.:/ Any other guess? And he looks a lil more fatty than normal bloodfins

Dull Is another type??

4. JesseMoreira06

no I ment just doesn't have much color, it's dull. Probably because it's a schooling fish that should be in groups of 6+ and it feels stress being alone so colors dont really come out.

5. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

Can you get a better shot of the tail and dorsal fin? Its got the eyes of a diamond tetra and the anal fin of a Colombian tetra. Agree on the color due to it being alone.

6. OP
    OP
    Rana

I
    Oh. Thanx ..I will see if I can give it to someone who has some , don't think anyone has . And I don't have space for 5-6 . What do u suggest in that case?

Hard to take:v. It is there in one corner for past few mins.

Got some luckily

Attached Files:

7. JesseMoreira06

I agree with eyes looking like diamond tetras , but by the picture it seems to have red on its fins which diamond tetra dont.

@chromedome52 is good at ID fish.

8. pixelhoot

pixelhoot Valued Member Member

9. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

10. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Agreed, looks like an albino form of buenos aires tetra sometimes traded as 'golden'. - Hyphessobrycon anisitsi.
    They are very hardy IME, and are not strictly tropical despite being usually sold as such, I've seen them living in pretty coldwater conditions down into the mid to lower 60s (fahrenheit).

They have a reputation for nipping the fins of tankmates, but this behaviour only tends to be pronounced when insufficient numbers are kept or the tank they are being kept in is too small.

11. OP
    OP
    Rana

Thanks guys.yes , agree it totally looks like albino buenos aires tetra. He's alone by himself . Are they schooling fish? Or he can live by himself?

12. JesseMoreira06

schooling fish 6+.

13. OP
    OP
    Rana

Don't have room for 5 more fishes:(. I will ask any local lfs to keep them with their group. But if they don't , he will be alone by himself:(. He's litllr more active than yesterday. Eating , roaming here n there

14. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

That is a female, as well. They can reach close to 4 inches, males only get about 3. It is a shoaling fish, and IME, they will still be aggressive even in a group. The species comes from very far south, well into subtropical zone, possibly even into the temperate zone. Albinos are only slightly more delicate than the regular.

15. OP
    OP
    Rana

he's not aggressive at all. Too quite, maybe because he's alone