what fish...

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

...if any hehe can be in a 1 gallon tank?

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

3. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

hehe i didnt think so...just checking
    never had shrimp, yummy! (no actually i hate seafood :-X :-X :-X shrimp taste horrible)
    lol, just 1, or 2, or how many would be ok in there?

4. Maida_gc Member Member

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

well the problemo with that is i dont have a filter or heater
    with my brothers goldfish(i know, i know ;) ) i just did frequent water changes and the ammonia was kept at zero by those

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

okay i now have 2 ghost shrimp in the 1/2 gallon ;D
    there is a big one and a smaller one, the little guy is named Boo and the big one is named Whiskers because he has incredibly long "whiskers"
    they are so funny how they swim, they look like they are on the moon :D
    they start moving their legs fast and they jump really slowly

7. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Hey, do you guys have any info on Ghost Shrimp for me? (another possibility for next pet... ;D) I really know nothing about them, but they sound cool.

8. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

they are very small and hard to see as they're see thru--they're awesome!

9. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Yeah they're really cool!! I had a few but they didn't last long but I will get some more - good luck!

10. jim55379 Member Member

perhaps a tadpole? But only 1.... No seriously probably a couple of gupy or bettas.. That's about it. did you ever think about getting a 20-50 gallon and hiding it in your closet from your mom? :D ;)

11. Jon Well Known Member Member

a goldfish or a white cloud mebbe?

12. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

A betta needs at least 5 gallons. Marty is in 3 and I am not happy about it, but he is doing okay for now, but 1 to 1.5 gallon is not enough. Besides, the 25w heater in the tank is REALLY overkill in a big way. I just lost an otto last night to a heater that stuck and raised the temperature to 87 degrees in my 3 gallon. Good-bye, little Nip. I am looking into another 5 gallon as soon as I can get everything together to find one.

Rose
    :'(

13. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear about Nip :'(

Jaime

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

No Jon he cannot put a goldfish in a bowl that small.
    If your not careful the shrimp will jump out :eek: i learned that the hard way ;)
    Now as for them being clear... did you know if you feed them colored fish food you can see it in their stomachs? really cool looking. Veggie flakes are green , color flakes are red.... you get the idea. try it. ;D
    Carol

15. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Thats really awesome - i would love to see that

16. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Pretty sweet, Butterfly. I might have to get some just to try that! Any care instrustions on the shrimp, or mebbe a good site? Thanks!

17. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

i just tried it, thats awesome :D