What Fish Will Go Well With My Platties?

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a 55 litre tank with 3 grown platties and 2 fry Platties, I was thinking about dwarf gourami, but not sure if they will be too big for my tank.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you know the genders of all involved? If you have anything other than all males, I wouldn't put antyhing else in besides something to eat up the fry.

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mcasella said:
Your tank is not big enough to add a dwarf gourami.
Oh I was told that dwarf gourami needed a tank around my size and heavily planted.

lilabug4545 said:
Do you know the genders of all involved? If you have anything other than all males, I wouldn't put antyhing else in besides something to eat up the fry.
I have 2 female and one male.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have neon tetras, fancy guppies, and bristle nose pleco in with my platy's. They are in a 29G tank. I forgot, I also have 6 platy fry in a nursery tank inside the community tank. All but one of them will be going to the LFS. I guess mom & dad got full and decided to leave these few. Felt sorry for them and scooped them up. I prefer not seeing them and having them disappear but oh well. Sometimes it happens.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Goldiemom said:
I have neon tetras, fancy guppies, and bristle nose pleco in with my platy's. They are in a 29G tank.
The op's tank is only 14gallons (55l) so neons and the pleco would not be suitable as they both need a bigger tank.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Against the advice of others, I actually had 6 neons in a 10G for quite some time and they did just fine. I'm always a rebel. lol

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Goldiemom said:
Against the advice of others, I actually had 6 neons in a 10G for quite some time and they did just fine. I'm always a rebel. lol
So do you think dwarf gourami would be good in a 55L (14 gallon) tank with 3 platties+2 fry that I have put it s fry net?

Mazeus said:
The op's tank is only 14gallons (55l) so neons and the pleco would not be suitable as they both need a bigger tank.
You have a 57L which isn’t much bigger then my tank and you have sparkling gourami, so why can’t I have dwarf gourami?

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know nothing about gourami's. You'll have to listen to those that raise them. Neon's are very tiny. Some just advised me that they needed more swimming room. I actually knew when I put them in there that I would be moving them to my 29G once my comets moved out to the pond. They lived in the 10G about 5 mos.

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Goldiemom said:
I know nothing about gourami's. You'll have to listen to those that raise them. Neon's are very tiny. Some just advised me that they needed more swimming room. I actually knew when I put them in there that I would be moving them to my 29G once my comets moved out to the pond. They lived in the 10G about 3 mos.
Well why are you talking here, if I asked about dwarf gourami?

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fish-keeper said:
You have a 57L which isn’t much bigger then my tank and you have sparkling gourami, so why can’t I have dwarf gourami?
Sparkling Gourami are tiny just a bit over an inch (do look them up), a 15g is a perfectly fine size tank for sparkling gourami which need a 10g tank or bigger. Dwaft Gourami are more than triple the size of sparkling gourami.

I'm really not the fish police, you can put whatever you want in your tank, but if you want happy healthy fish I'd take the advice of a well experienced member such as @Mcasella . I'll also stop commenting on your threads as I can see you are looking for a particular answer which I am not likely to give you.

Good luck to you.

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Mazeus said:
Sparkling Gourami are tiny just a bit over an inch (do look them up), a 15g is a perfectly fine size tank for sparkling gourami which need a 10g tank or bigger. Dwaft Gourami are more than triple the size of sparkling gourami.

I'm really not the fish police, you can put whatever you want in your tank, but if you want happy healthy fish I'd take the advice of a well experienced member such as @Mcasella . I'll also stop commenting on your threads as I can see you are looking for a particular answer which I am not likely to give you.

Good luck to you.
Thank you, good luck to you too.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fish-keeper said:
Well why are you talking here, if I asked about dwarf gourami?
Seriously?!? Your titled asked what could go well with your platy's. I was responding. Forgive me. I will not respond to anymore of your posts. Good luck with your fishies.

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Goldiemom said:
Seriously?!? Your titled asked what could go well with your platy's. I was responding. Forgive me. I will not respond to anymore of your posts. Good luck with your fishies.
Sorry I forgot I did that,thanks for your wishes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom