What fish to choose for my Aquarium

1. Abbielouise1804 Member Member

Hi there :)

I am looking for some suggestions on what fish I can house in my 40 Litre Tropical Aquarium. (I have attached an image)
    13453295 10209702222382035 2091767718 o

I do have a couple of fish in mind e.g. Tetras and guppies however I am totally open to new suggestions.
    I am also open to adding some new/different decorations if this would benefit any potential future fish.

My tank has been up and running for only a week, so I am not looking to add any new fish yet until it has fully cycled. I am simply exploring what type of fish people may have had in a similar sized aquarium and what worked well/not so well for them.

I really appreciate everyone's suggestions. :)

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

I would do
    6 least killifish
    12 red cherry shrimp
    6 ember tetras
    You should upgrade to a 30 gallon soon you will have more options.

3. corylover99 Member Member

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I'd probably do two female bettas(seperate tank), or two males, if you do males I'd put a lot of plants in front of the separator so they can't see each other. Be careful if you try shrimp, I tried ghosts with two of my bettas, one got stressed and would sneak up and bite them, the other would have killed them all in an hour. I'm not saying don't try it, just be careful, mien now have rabbit snails and get along fine.:)

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member