What fish to Avoid???

johnbirg

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kallililly1973 said:
What would everyones reccomendations suggesttions thoughts or any other inhabitants to steer clear of reguardless of the size of the tank. I know Common plecos are high on the list but what other community or cichlids would you avoid?
Hi,
Years ago I made the mistake of introducing a school of Serpae Tetras (10) into my large community tank which had, among other inhabitants, Cardinals and Congos. Overnight they killed 4 Cardinals and two of the Congos had most of their fins nipped off. Not so much to avoid Serpaes but extreme care needs to be exercised with tankmates.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
johnbirg said:
Hi,
Years ago I made the mistake of introducing a school of Serpae Tetras (10) into my large community tank which had, among other inhabitants, Cardinals and Congos. Overnight they killed 4 Cardinals and two of the Congos had most of their fins nipped off. Not so much to avoid Serpaes but extreme care needs to be exercised with tankmates.
Interesting you say that. I've had the same 5 Serps since i started my 55 close to 3 years ago and they never bothered anyone except each other which no damage just paly fun. And i even added 12 Vonrios and they even hang and chase and school shoal with them as well even though their a bit smaller... Everyones Ecosystem can have different results!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom