What Fish To Add Next To 55g?

Flipflops82

Reaction score
I have been introducing z few fish each week to my new cycled 55g. 2 weeks ago I added 6 bloodfin tetra. This past Friday I added 6 panda cory. What should I add next? Some top dwelling schoolers? Something with color? My centerpiece fish next? Gourami? I dont know if I need to keep adding the small fish up to large or what? I really feel like my aquarium needs some color also! My water parameters are temp around 75 to 76 and my ph has been running around 7.8 to 8.

Lysaell

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What are some good colorful top dwellers that meet my specs?
You may have to consult someone else for stocking ideas, but I think a school of Zebra Dainos would be an excellent match for you. They are a very active mid to top dwelling fish.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think your top dwellers will really depend on what you are planning for your centerpiece fish. Do you have anything in mind? I'd personally probably add like 4 more bloodfins first but that's not a MUST I just love larger tetra schools.

Flipflops82

Reaction score
I kinda was thinking about a 1-2 electric blue acara for the centerpiece? but not sure? Maybe 2 angels, but I dont think they are as hardy as I would like.

Nick72

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I kinda was thinking about a 1-2 electric blue acara for the centerpiece? but not sure? Maybe 2 angels, but I dont think they are as hardy as I would like.
I think an EBA would be great. Maybe just one, two might be pushing it in a 55g + community tank.

To the best of my knowledge Angelfish are extremely hardy.

You could get one of each.

Flipflops82

Reaction score
My ph is not matching for what the GBR needs. Still looking for recommendations for the top level colorful schooling. I thought about blue eye rainbow cocktails but they dont look so colorful.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom