What fish should I stock?! Overgrown 7.5G shrimp tank in need of some livestock

Incognegro3

I have 5 cherries and an amano in this tank. I’ve gone through a couple of bad batches of chili rasboras - open to trying again but wanted to know what you all think would stock well? Are there any fish that do well in pairs that could cohabitate with shrimp and potentially chilis? All suggestions welcome!

StarGirl

I have a Scarlet Badis pair with my Chilis and Cherries. They chased the shrimp at first but they all get along now. You just have to watch the Badis though some only will eat live food. Mine are kinda picky but eat brine and bloodworms, some regular food. My male attacked a crushed bladder snail, he was so happy he carried it around and wouldnt let anyone else have any....lol

Incognegro3

I have a Scarlet Badis pair with my Chilis and Cherries. They chased the shrimp at first but they all get along now. You just have to watch the Badis though some only will eat live food. Mine are kinda picky but eat brine and bloodworms, some regular food. My male attacked a crushed bladder snail, he was so happy he carried it around and wouldnt let anyone else have any....lol
Wow those are cool! I’ve never heard of them before. Do they breed? And how many chilis do you have and what size is your tank? Maybe i could do 5 chilis, and a pair of badis?

StarGirl

Yes they will breed. Not sure how hard it is though. I have 2 chili's (cannot find anymore) 2 cherries and the 2 badis in my 5g. The badis are only the size of a neon. They are really small.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Jragan23
Replies
Views
Incognegro3
Replies
Views
saddleupjep
Replies