what fish should i get Help

1. eventSecurity Member Member

so i started keeping fish this year, around may time

had a good few die at the start but have had a pretty stable selection for the last few months

I currently have 1 dwarf gourami, 3 neon tetras, 1 scissor tail rasbora and 1 Molly

the reading for the tank are:

Ph: 8.4
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrate: 10
    Nitrite: 0
    temp: 26/27 C
    Its a 60L tank

Anyone any recommendations as to what i should add?

was looking at maybe a snail, a loach or a shark, what do you think?

thanks for any replies

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

in that size tank, you wouldnt have room for a shark or loach..thats about 15-16 gallons (us)

adding more, may put your gourami on a mean streak as he wont have room to have of his own...if you decided you had to have more, i would only go for 1 more molly or rasbora or a few more neons...and that would be pushing it IMO ...

3. eventSecurity Member Member

yeah i dont want another gourami, i would be afraid they would fight

if i was going for more small fish, would it be better to get say 2/3 more neons or get 2/3 of a different small fish?

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

How about a few pygmy cories? They stay small and you'd have something for the bottom of the tank.

5. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I was thinking of pygmy cories too. That way, they aren't competing for the same space as the fish that are up top. :)

6. eventSecurity Member Member

cool, i will look and see if my lfs has some in stock

how many would you recommend?

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

They like to be in groups, but you also don't want to overwhelm your cycle, especially in a smaller tank. I would say add 2, wait a week, and add 2 more - 4 total? That may make you a bit overstocked, but with a good maintainence schedule, it should work.

8. eventSecurity Member Member

cool, thanks for all your help people

9. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

There are 3 species.
    C. habrosus grow to be about 1.5", Corydoras hastatus about 1.3"
    C. pygmaeus gets to be about 1.3"
    I'd go for at least 3.
    However, reading back through the thread Shawnie brought up a couple good points.
    Your rasbora likes to school as do the neons but adding more of them would be pushing the bioload.

They really don't add too much to the bioload. Adding them at one shouldn't effect the cycle