What Fish Should I Breed

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey everyone I am new to the forum and loving it. I am looking for advise on what fish to breed, I have some 20 gallon tanks and 5 gallon tanks. I am looking for something that breeds a lot, freshwater, easy to care for, sells well.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
apistos or rams can be fun to try for the 20 gallon. they are always in demand and breed readily. i wouldn't breed anything in the 5 gallon, instead use that as a grow out.

BaraYoukai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Guppies would be fun and colorful. My mom's friend got them to breed in a fishbowl, lol. But they would probably be happier in the 20 gal. More guppies is always better lol. You would probably have to get a specialty one, like moscows to sell well though.

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
BaraYoukai said:
Guppies would be fun and colorful. My mom's friend got them to breed in a fishbowl, lol. But they would probably be happier in the 20 gal. More guppies is always better lol.
any specific strains?

BaraYoukai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
phantom said:
any specific strains?
Green moscow guppies seem to sell well in my local area. They sell a breeding trio for almost $40. Online I see quite a few people selling other verities as well. I am not sure what seems to be the most popular all around though.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would contact your local LFS and see what they'd be interested in buying.

fishaholic87

Valued Member
Reaction score
you could do shrimp or endlers in the 5 gallon

and if trying to sell it i agree with texasdomer contact lfs first or sell at a fish club meeting

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom