What Fish Should I Breed

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by phantom, Apr 15, 2018.

1. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

hey everyone I am new to the forum and loving it. I am looking for advise on what fish to breed, I have some 20g tanks and 5g tanks. I am looking for something that breeds a lot, freshwater, easy to care for, sells well.

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

apistos or rams can be fun to try for the 20 gallon. they are always in demand and breed readily. i wouldn't breed anything in the 5 gallon, instead use that as a grow out.

3. BaraYoukai

BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

Guppies would be fun and colorful. My mom's friend got them to breed in a fishbowl, lol. But they would probably be happier in the 20 gal. More guppies is always better lol. You would probably have to get a specialty one, like moscows to sell well though.

4. OP
    OP
    phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

any specific strains?

5. BaraYoukai

BaraYoukaiValued MemberMember

Green moscow guppies seem to sell well in my local area. They sell a breeding trio for almost $40. Online I see quite a few people selling other verities as well. I am not sure what seems to be the most popular all around though.

6. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

I would contact your local LFS and see what they'd be interested in buying.

7. fishaholic87Valued MemberMember

you could do shrimp or endlers in the 5 gallon

and if trying to sell it i agree with texasdomer contact lfs first or sell at a fish club meeting

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice