What fish presents did Santa bring?

capekate
lets all start a thread that lets everyone know what Santa brought for your fishys! ow

I'll start! ;D

I was so surprised to find...

A water wonder pack of 4 tall plants! ;D
A water wonder ( lava) rock.....;D
A $30.00 Petsmart gift card... ;D
A fantastic book called " 500 Freshwater Aquarium Fish".
filled with glossy photos of each fish, with a lot of info. ;D
$20.00 for fishys! ;D

WOW... I really didnt expect any of these things... and I am so greatful to have received such wonderful thoughtful presents from my kids! ;D

..... What did Santa bring your fishys?

~ kate

Dino
The fish here get gifts from Santa everyday.

Bwhahahahaha.

As mentioned in another Christmas thread. CWC got me Aqualog All Livebearers.

capekate

Merry Christmas Dino!

Yes, your right, the fishys get presents everyday! lol....

~ kate

jsalemi
A 5 gallon mini-bow to serve as a qt/hospital tank.

Dino
Sweet!!!
That will really come in handy.

Dino
Care to explain?

0morrokh
$30 in cash
$10 gift card to fish store
2 tropical magazines
and an awesome digital cam so I can finally get decent pics of the fish!!

(0morrokh is very very happy) ;D

capekate
santa brought me 2 dead clown fish 1 dead damsel 1 dead peppermint shrimp and a dead 60.00 purple seabae!
Ohh nooo.. are you serious? ??? Did your tank go down during the night?
Or were these fish delivered to you dead?
what happened?

~ kate

capekate
$30 in cash
2 tropical magazines

Ohhh Omorrokh
Sounds like you had a great Christmas! ;D I love taking digital videos of the fish!

~ kate

bandito974
Ohhh Omorrokh
Sounds like you had a great Christmas! ;D I love taking digital videos of the fish!

~ kate

I thought my tank was fully cycled and ready for fish, It was a used nano, that had live sand in it and water, evidently when I added the new live rock it cycled again and killed everything. Long story! I have a nano on craiglist if any one in Dallas area!
I'm sticking to cichlids!

Cody
I got a 50 dollar petsmart gift card from my girlfirend
my sister got me a saltwater coral type decoration thing which I don't normally like saltwater style decor in freshwater tanks but I like this a lot for my 29 gallon
I asked for petco or petsmart gift cards this year and I and I ended up with 100 dollars worth of petsmart and 50 dollars worth of petco
I got this book called tropical freshwater aqaurium fish
it has over 300 different types of fish, its nice it has the basics you want to know right away..like tank size habbitat size compatibility etc. not to much info but not to little..my fish will be getting spoiled this year

tkfury
I'll be giving myself some endler's on Thursday if that counts ^^; A few days late but besides work - I couldn't make it into the store since the guy was chasing out people left and right (the kind of people who get their kids new pets every year when they know their kids are just going to kill them).

COBettaCouple
Um.. did I mention how close a friend you are and how we'd love to share things? <hint, hint>

Seriously, that's awesome, all of those gifts, especially the cam! You rocked with this year!

$30 in cash
2 tropical magazines

dsmfishgal
I bought myself a new 28g bow-front tank and stand while it was on sale at the local Petco. Then spent a bunch on new live plants and dwarf neon rainbowfish to stock it!

KittieKat
my boyfriend got me a new powerhead because the one I had was messed up, a better filteration system to put in and I received a new digital camera as well (one that's more portable instead of the crazy big one that I have)

0morrokh
Um.. did I mention how close a friend you are and how we'd love to share things? <hint, hint>

Seriously, that's awesome, all of those gifts, especially the cam! You rocked with this year!

Oh I see how it goes, the moment I get a new camera everyone loves me..... ;D

Kevin
I got my new twin-tube lighting fixture, 2 nutri-grow bulbs, azoo battery air pump, $30, $10 gift certificate to PetsMart

I forgot a couple
$20 gift card for dfs...already used it
a tropical marine fish calender

COBettaCouple
Our endlers gave us 15 fry this afternoon. That's all the fish gifts we got, although we got some gift cards that could turn into fish gifts.

capekate
WOW.. ;D Everyone got some great gifts for their fish tanks this year!
All sounds wonderful!.....
Hey Dave.. sounds like your Endlers gave you a gift instead of the other way around! kewl...

I'm going to restock my empty 29 gallon tank with my Petsmart gift card!

~ kate

Jimold
My angels laid eggs again, I got babies for christmas!

capekate
awww Jim... that is great! Hope they do well! ;D

~ kate

Kevin
WOW.. ;D Everyone got some great gifts for their fish tanks this year!
All sounds wonderful!.....
Hey Dave.. sounds like your Endlers gave you a gift instead of the other way around! kewl...

I'm going to restock my empty 29 gallon tank with my Petsmart gift card!

~ kate
what are you going to stock it with?
have you thought about a group of angelicus loaches?

purple_phoenix
Everyone's so lucky! I didn't get any fish presents as such, except from my guppies - my youngest female gave me two fry on Christmas Day! This is the first time I've actually managed to breed anything
It was the best surprise I had all day

COBettaCouple
Sounds like a few of our fishes were happy about Christmas. Congrats to you JI'm on your Angels new batch and to you purple_phoenix on your gups.

FishnFry
I got a brand-new 75gal Marineland tank with a cherry finish on trim (instead of the traditional black)..

Hmm now I only need to find a good place for it.

capekate
I got a brand-new 75gal Marineland tank with a cherry finish on trim (instead of the traditional black)..

Hmm now I only need to find a good place for it.

NIIIIIICE! ;D

~ kate
ps.. IM sure you will find a place...

capekate
what are you going to stock it with?
have you thought about a group of angelicus loaches?

HI Kevin
The loaches are kewl too... just as long as they are not the long eel type fish. I'm not crazy about them. I like the clown loaches.., botia, Yo-Yo's, orange-finned Loach, Zebra. More fish shaped than the eel type like the horse-faced Loach, Lesser,Dojo and Kuhli's. Most seem to tolerate the the acidic water as well. It is a 29 gallon so not sure how many I can have there of that type.
My husband wants some sharks. If I can find the dwarf sharks that do not get much over 4 inches Id say ok. But so far, every fish he has wanted, I turned down, due to their needs. Poor guy thinks that I am just over ruling him, and he'd like at LEAST some kind of fish that he actually choose for the tank. Since I have picked ALL the fish so far. :-\
I may have to show him some Loach photos and see what he thinks of them.
Thanks! ;D

~ kate

Kevin
the angelicus loach is very closely related to the fw sharks, the only big diff. is the mouth...
you could probably fit 4 loaches in a 29g.

Trpimp147
2 gift cards to "that fish place" or known as "that pet place" one for $10 other for $20,
an african cichlid book, 2 large fake plants, stackable plastic rocks, also my acie cichlid is holding again that's always a treat found out the 22nd so I consider that and early gift.

andy65
I got 145 in cold hard CASH!

We (my 2 younger brothers 14,16 year old and my mother, she is on here, her nickname is Bede) went to spend all of our money. I got a Aquaclear 20 for my 10 gallon tank,brine shrimp eggs, extra bio media for my filter,tongs to move things around in my tank,omega one fish flakes for my platies and Rupert (my fire gourmi),and a air stone for my pop bottle hatch my shrimp.

I am going to get some panda corys if I can find them.

COBettaCouple
sweet.. i've got some checks & all sitting here, but just having a lazy Boxing Day at home.. nothing I'd want will be on the after-Christmas sales anyway.
I got 145 in cold hard CASH!

We (my 2 younger brothers 14,16 year old and my mother, she is on here, her nickname is Bede) went to spend all of our money. I got a Aquaclear 20 for my 10 gallon tank,brine shrimp eggs, extra bio media for my filter,tongs to move things around in my tank,omega one fish flakes for my platies and Rupert (my fire gourmi),and a air stone for my pop bottle hatch my shrimp.

I am going to get some panda corys if I can find them.

Jimold
awww Jim... that is great! Hope they do well! ;D

~ kate

Nope, I'm VERY bummed. Amazingly enough, because I thought they were herbaviors, I caught the bristlenose eating the last of the eggs...

So Santa came a couple days late (this afternoon to be exact) and brought my angelfish a brand new 48 gallon Column tank for their very own....

capekate
HI Jim
sorry to hear you lost the Angelfish eggs to the BN. :-\ But it sounds like your angels are about to become very happy in their new home! ;D
And better luck with them in the future... now no one can bother the eggs when they spawn. Best of luck with your new tank set up! ;D

~ kate

voiceless_kat
I asked Santa for a 29 gallon tank and stand, but got a laptop....dang!

Really, I think my letter went to the wrong santa! LOL

COBettaCouple
Hey Jim,
That really stinks about the BNs eating the eggs. At least the Angels are getting in plenty of practice. Don't these fish ever read their profiles? Our Ameca Splendens are supposed to love algae and mainly be herbivores, but they go wild for thawed bloodworms - their favorite food.

Go figure... anyway, can't wait to see the new tank!

Jimold
I hope to have it up and running this weekend. I'm going to use every trick I can think of to cheat on the cycling. I'm using about 50% of the water from the other tank, 3 plants and some of the gravel from the other tank, and best yet, inside my canaster filter where the carbon is supposed to go, I have a bio sponge wrapped around in there that's been cooking for about 2 weeks now. I have an identical filter for the new tank, so I'm just going to swap them out.
With some luck I should have a ton of bacteria to start with.

capekate
I asked Santa for a 29 gallon tank and stand, but got a laptop....dang!

Really, I think my letter went to the wrong santa! LOL

LOL Val....
well maybe Santa was thinking you can now spend more time in the forum?
...miss seeing you here!

~ kate

I hope to have it up and running this weekend. I'm going to use every trick I can think of to cheat on the cycling. I'm using about 50% of the water from the other tank, 3 plants and some of the gravel from the other tank, and best yet, inside my canaster filter where the carbon is supposed to go, I have a bio sponge wrapped around in there that's been cooking for about 2 weeks now. I have an identical filter for the new tank, so I'm just going to swap them out.

HI Jim
sounds like your tank can possibly be cycled within the week with all that good bacteria your adding! ;D Best of luck... I know you want to get those Angels in their own tank asap!

~ kate

voiceless_kat
LOL Val....
well maybe Santa was thinking you can now spend more time in the forum?

...miss seeing you here!

~ kate

I wonder if there is an aquarium screen saver on it?? LOL I think Santa would like me to spend more time outside of the "computer" room cuz maybe he is lonely.????????

My sister and her brood just left, so I am trying to get my bearings, having a glass of wine and celebrating the quiet. With Christmas over I should be on the forum more - I have been skulking around in the wee hours, but my fingers were too tired to type.

Actually, I am saddened that I didn't get any single thing fishee - well, my Fatfish in the 55 gallon dropped at least one fry last night, I found it while feeding. :;gift ( Well, it wasn't me feeding, I was feeding the fish!)

Sounds like many of you received great fishee gifts.....yay!!

COBettaCouple
Sounds like a plan! Do you have the heat cranked to max and aeration going in the new tank? That's another trick that might shave a little more time off of getting it cycled.

Well, I got all these Aquarium DVDs in our library, they'd work great as a screen saver.

Yea, no fishie stuff for us either. I think one of the elves must have gotten smashed and ran amok in the aquariums room riding on Donner. We also had 15 fry drop (2 endlers) on Christmas afternoon.
I wonder if there is an aquarium screen saver on it??
Actually, I am saddened that I didn't get any single thing fishee - well, my Fatfish in the 55 gallon dropped at least one fry last night, I found it while feeding. :;gift ( Well, it wasn't me feeding, I was feeding the fish!)

Sounds like many of you received great fishee gifts.....yay!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Minnow
Replies
Views
0morrokh
Replies
Views
catsma_97504
Replies
Views