What Fish Is This?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by OneLittleBubble, May 19, 2018.

1. OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.png

They said the dark one was a Tina pulma or something

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  2. Ms rose

Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

a very cool one....lol
    i have no idea, but its an awesome looking fish

edit to add: maybe a dumb and obvious question as i see the substraite, but is this freshwater fish? i love the look of this fish. the yellow n black one

3. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

It looks like some kind of cichlid, sorry that's all I can offer... Any chance of a better lit side pic?

4. Cheesearmada

CheesearmadaValued MemberMember

From the third picture, for me it looks like a Leopard Bush Fish which so happens to be a type of Cichlid :)

5. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

Looks like a Melanochromis Auratus to me. Its a type of african cichlid. Any way you could get a picture from the side with more light?

6. Fishoholic23

Fishoholic23Well Known MemberMember

That third one was from Taylor Nicole Deans video wasn't it? If I remember it's a Leopard bush fish or African bush fish.

7. OP
    OP
    OneLittleBubble

OneLittleBubbleWell Known MemberMember

Yeah I really wanted to know what it was because it looked cool. They are freshwater

8. CoptapiaWell Known MemberMember

The Leopard Bushfish is not a cichlid. It's an anabantid, related to the gouramies.

9. AquaticJ

AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Black and yellow is definitely an Auratus.

10. Cheesearmada

CheesearmadaValued MemberMember

My bad :)
    Wasn't careful in reading a brief description of the fish, one of its other names is 'spotted cichlid'. I guess thats where my confusion came from :banghead:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice