What fish is this?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Alex126, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Alex126Valued MemberMember

Hello all I got a new pleco but not sure what kind. I would love to know. Here is a pic. Thank you! ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436480896.224678.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

3. I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

2nd that!

4. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

It will need some driftwood. Do you have some in your tank?

5. I keep fishWell Known MemberMember

I'm surprised you managed to get a picture they seem to be shy compared to other plecos.

6. PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

I second the driftwood. All plec need drift in my opinion. Yep, even carnivores. It gives a cozy shelter.

7. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

I agree. I had on once. I had to move things around when I did water changes to make sure it was still alive. I never saw the little bugger. They sure are cute though.

8. PuffPuffWell Known MemberMember

Pleco's are amazing!! one of my favorite fishes, even though they get super large in size and i end up purchasing a 75 gallon tank from a 20 gallon. LFS always misleading ppl to make a quick buck. but now i know.

9. PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Theyre not all big, i breed bn and they only get 4 to 4.5 inches

10. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

I have a couple of clowns that are about 10 years old, they are about 3.5 inches, fully grown for most Peckoltia species. I am amazed at their ability to find hiding places that I would swear are too small for them. Clowns are usually one of a few species, very difficult to identify precisely without collection point data.

11. Alex126Valued MemberMember

Thank you all for your responses and help. Yes I plenty of drift wood I also have a common pleco and and royal. Theses two clown plecos I have are just right out in the open. They are very active compared to other plecos. Almost acting like a Cory cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice