What fish get along with...

Tamara

Ok well tomorrow i'm giving away 2 of my 4 dalmation mollies(3months old) both of the ones i'm keeping are going to be females. And also i'm keeping 2 guppies--both of them are females, so i'm giving away 2 mollies, and 3 guppies and I would like to replace them with some other fise...i'm not sure what yet-that's why I need you! I have 10 gallon tank, also it has an albino cory cat. and a pleco, I would get more albino cory cats. because they're supposed to be in groups, but they don't sell them anymore, so I can't get those and also I would like to get maybe 1 or 2 more livebearers..I like differeent breeds so ya! any help would be great!

JP

You have quite a few fish as is (even without the ones you're giving away). 10-gallon tanks can't support much. I personally wouldn't recommend adding anything else. Though, one more female gup may not be a bad choice if you're set on getting something. Keep an eye on that pleco. They tend to grow pretty fast and the bigger they get the more waste they produce. You may want to consider re-homing it as well at some point down the line.

Tamara

I forget the name of it...but the pleco only get's up to 5" inches long.
I made sure of that! and the person at the store said it'd be fine!
I think it's something like a bristle nose pleco...or something like that!

JP

In that case it should be okay. I hear "pleco" and automatically assume the monster common. :)

Tamara

Haha! ya so do I usually! and if it were too big..
i'd never give it away! i'd probably just buy a bigger tank..
I wouldn't be able to part with any of my fish!!

Timesdragonfly

Ahh...the dreaded pleco... I have one in a 29 gallon tank, and it is one that is going to get big. I see a larger tank in my future!
Enjoy your fish
~Jamie

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom