What Fish For My New 2ft Aquarium!!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jett_Metzger, Apr 11, 2017.

1. J

Jett_Metzger New Member Member

Hi all, I'm going to be setting up a new 2ft aquarium (15 gallons) in the upcoming months but I'm unsure what to put in in. Any suggestions including what fish, plants and anything else would be appreciated. I'm new to planted tanks so unsure about what plants can go with what. Thanks :)

2. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

What types of fish are you interested in? Are you interested in low tech plants?

3. OP
    OP
    J

Jett_Metzger New Member Member

I'm interested any tropical fish and pretty much any plants that are easy to keep :) i do have a 75 gallon angel community tank with black widow and serpae tetras so fish similar to them i like if that helps hah.

4. MaddieTaylah

MaddieTaylah Well Known Member Member

Some other beautiful schooling fish that you may like are cardinal tetras, diamond tetras, rummy nose tetras & harlequin rasboras.

Some great low tech plants are java moss, java fern, amazon sword & anubias.

Also, a great centerpiece fish would be a dwarf gourami or a honey gourami.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

A couple of options for stocking

8 harlequin rasboras or ember tetras
    6-8 kuhli loaches
    1 honey gourami or GBR

OR
    8-10 CPD or Neon tetras
    6-8 panda cories
    1 Bolivian ram or peacock goby

6. DCJ

DCJ Valued Member Member

They don't look like much online but if you see them in person Norman's Lampeyes are cool in a big group- their eyes really shine blue and their bodies have a greeny-blue sheen in some lights. I've got about 14 in a 14.5 gal with a sparkling gourami, although they are still pretty shy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice