What Fish For A 20 Gallon Long Planted Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbro5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello everyone! As I am setting up my 20 gallon long planted aquarium soon, and am also taking into consideration the stocking in it. I really would love to do a Dumbo Ear Female Betta with Harlequin Rasboras. Maybe I am over thinking this, but I know Rasbora and Betta like more acidic water and my pH is 8.3. I know pH isn't as important as the water hardness, but I know my water is decently hard. Will these fish thrive in this aquarium? If not, what others will?

OP
Fishbro5

Fishbro5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sweet, I hadn't thought of those, are there any species that stay really small and are super beautiful? Not a huge fan of the guppy look but don't Endlers look quite similar? Are there types that look like Rasbora or small Tetras?

Woooooooow never mind, after looking at Aquatic Art's Endlers I am now hooked
Does Aquatic Arts have a good reputation? I usually order from LiveAquaria.

Also, how many Endlers for a 20 gallon and are there any other bottom feeders suitable?

Last edited by a moderator:

windrunner9189

Well Known Member
Reaction score
aquarium fish have adapted to live in different water conditions, as for generations they have been put into all different types of water.
harlequin rasboras and bettas are known to be pretty hardy and should thrive in the tank. a non-sensitive soft water fish in hard water would be fine because it has plenty of minerals to take up from the water. soft water fish are used to taking up little amounts of minerals, and with hard water they just have plenty more of them to take up.
i don't think you should worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom