What fish foods do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Quinn_Lamb98, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98 Well Known Member Member

i have posted on multiple forums and have gotten no replies on any of them,
    my question is- what foods do you feed and why/what do you think is the best food and why?
    i have currently gotten into the mood of ''i need the best i can afford'' and i am trying to start off with foods.
    i currently feed xtreme community peewee and tetracichlid pellets (just until i can find xtreme cichlid food).

thanks,

2. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

what foods do you prefer?

Nls is definently the best IMO. The thera a+ has garlic to get finicky eater to eat and helps with internal parasites. Plus they are pellets so they are cleaner. I feed all of my fish nls except my adfs and pea puffers ( they eat frozen).
    Frozen food is great for a variety also.

3. Moneypenny1967

Moneypenny1967 Valued Member Member

Nutrafin.Can usually find them on special whenever I go to LFS. Have sinking pellets and flakes.Would have Spriulina wafer tablets but another brand was on special last time I needed them so got them instead.

4. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

5. h

hobo Valued Member Member

6. Daniostetras

Daniostetras Valued Member Member

I like aqueon tropical flakes. They're natural and made of good, quality ingredients.

7. C

Soybean meal, Wheat gluten meal and Corn gluten meal doesn't really strike me as high quality.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  8. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed. All of my fish eat NLS thera A exclusively. Even the ADFs.

9. C

10. Jaysee

I can't believe you didn't get any replies on the other forums.

11. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

We would be more than glad to give you our opinions of fish food LOL
    I use various Omega One foods. I also use the spirulina,garlic and paprika pellets from Kensfish.com
    I also love the Omega One frozen foods but I can't get them here.
    Carol

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  12. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

I used to give a mix of frozen, dried, pellet and flake. then I stopped with the frozen over time. Then I reduced it to ocean nutrition for day feeders and hikari for night feeders. Then I was tempted to see what the ridiculous amount of love for nls was based on. Ah, feeding is just so easy now with nls morning and night! I still drop in some hikari wafers and some veg for the bottom dwelling, night feeding cats, and occasionally give them the ocean nutrition flakes, but it's so easy to just give nls. My fish are so incredibly coloured as a result. So healthy, so lively. It's great. It sells itself. :)

13. Jaysee

Another convert ;)

14. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

15. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

I also feed New Life Spectrum and highly recommend that line of foods. I give them frozen critters and fresh veggies as treats, too. For algae wafers I use Hikari, though some formulas include corn which is not terribly digestible. Check the labels on those.

16. OP
    OP
    Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98 Well Known Member Member

yep, i got 19 views and 0 replies. it is a smaller community but still, it is kind of rediculous.

so,
    nls and omega 1 are considered the best of the best? does anybody use xtreme? i will defenetally be getting nls when i am out of cichld food for my angels.

17. C

I've seen a lot of people with large fish use Xtreme. I have never used it personally. If I remember correctly, it's a bit pricey.

18. plug

plug Well Known Member Member

I feed Omega One (flake, pellet and frozen) Ocean Nutritution Spirulina Flakes, and Hikari sinking algae and spirulina for the bottom and night feeders
    My Glass CATs love the Omega One Shrimp pellets...swallow them hole..hilarious to watch how they scoop em up

Once these foods run low, I am going to try NLS

19. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I feed NLS as well. When I got my platies from the LFS, they looked like your average platies. But now one of the yellow males has a sheen of blue from feeding NLS. Plus they like it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012
  20. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

I also feed the NLS pellets. The fish love it and it isn't as messy as the flakes are. I also give Hikari sinking wafers for the cories, snails and plecos. And then there is the frozen beef heart, bloodworms and mosquito larvae. Plus the fresh zucchini, spinach, lettuce, cucumber or whatever we happen to be eating ourselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice